Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VE Calais problems to look for?

Mudroch

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Hi all, just bought a 2006 VE Calais and was wondering about any potential problems i might come across?

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
+1 lol i hate it

Passion Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
'rattle in the dash'....had that and made them take the whole dash out and it was a loose plastic screw..exactly as it sounded like.
They don't want to do this as they will scratch the metallic strip on the dash doing so...3 times I asked for it to be 'fixed' and they said it was (done nothing) until I made them take it out. Consequently they had to order a new metallic strip...all good ever since!! :)

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
i had the dash rattle but ever since i changed the dash strips to silver it doesnt do it anymore

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I think you might have nailed that one, Passion Red. That's exactly what it sounds like! Looks like I'll be running it up to my cheerful holden dealer next time I have some time off. I've asked before but the response is always "what rattle?" But then my last warranty claim was "What power steering pulley?" Took a couple of days but got it fixed in the end. I think I'll take them for a run in it this time and point it out to them.

Dash strips in mine came as silver - but I guess that's where the clip/screw is from.

Passion Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Top show tinsnips....make them do it!!

They just jerk your chain otherwise...especially me being a woman...they looked at me and treated me like I was an idiot child at the first dealership!!! :bang::bang::bang: grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I changed dealerships because of their crap, attitude and laziness, and told them so!! :blah blah:
Now I have to drive to one an hour away, but it's worth it...they are so good and so helpful!! ( maybe they were forewarned hahaha)
(Smiths of Geelong) :spot on: