Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Factory fitted LPG VE Commodore

Lumina05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Lumina
Hi everybody

Just wondering anyone driving a Holden fitted LPG VE Commodore might have some feed back about the car, the gas system and any problems you ever had.

I am thinking of upgrading my aftermarket fitted LPG Commodore Lumina (currently having a lot of problems) to this new car. Thanks

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
hold off a bit.

factory fitted LPG cars are still using the old alloytec, not the new SIDI engine/drivetrain combo.
when I enquired about aftermarket LPG system for the SIDI late last year, they said it was still in development but should be available for sale mid this year.

I've bought an SIDI model car and am waiting for the LPG kit to be available (and at a reasonable price).

But going for a factory fitted model now will still mean the older setup. And there's a HUGE difference between the old and the new ;).

Lumina05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Lumina
Thank for quick respond UFO. I have just about putting a deposit for a new LPG Commodore International before posting this tread.
Now I can really feel relieve & start thinking about the SIDI International which is very attractive to me. Anyone owing this car please post some opinions to share with us.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
It's what I have- very happy :).

But dont take my word for it..... go test drive the car you were planning to buy, then test drive an SIDI. HUGE difference.... the new gearbox alone is worth it!

veinternational

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE International Dual Fuel
I have the 2009 VE International with factory fitted LPG, it is not my first LPG vehicle having had 2 after market LPG 4x4 vehicles. The VE factory LPG is by far the best of the three and after 22000 klm's I have had no problems what so ever, having said that I also had no problems with my two previous after market installs. The VE gives me 500 klm's on each and every tank almost religiously. SIDI or old I have no idea but I can say that the 09 model comes with more added extra's than the more recent International, I believe the new International does not have 6 stack CD> and it does not have front fogs? and it does not come standard with an alloy spare, open to correction on those comment. Back to the LPG its A1.

azzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 9.5 SSV Sportswagon M6 & 08 prado D4D GXL M6
Our local shire boss has a 08 berlina with factory LPG only talking to him the other day about it and after 120000k's he's rapt in it had zero issues. They also have sidi omega's on the fleet and he reckon's the LPG alloytec is a better drive with more low down grunt.
Cheers.

VE60thLPG

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 6oth anniversary LPG
ive just done a 700k run and got 689 ks to the lpg tank its good car with now 58000ks its been reasonable trouble free but but the benifets of $8 to do a 100k's is the good incentive to keep this car and not up date as ive heard there will be no LPG on the SIDI engine

affinity

Reaction score
Members Ride
International (Dual Fuel) VE MY10 Sedan, 3.6L 4A
I was told that the SIDI engine could not take an LPG system and it never would. The Alloytec is "made" for LPG and I have a newer VE International, no 6 stacker, basic cheap radio, no glovebox light ... other gripes, see the gripes thread -- Holden is soooo cheap with this omissions, but the LPG is going well. Having said that, I've only filled LPG twice thus far and didn't start using it until I had clocked 5,000 kms [as per advice]. I am also running with a cotton air filter (already has cold air intake by design) and I've replaced the original oil with synthetic 5w50 Sport by Castrol. Very happy with the car overall despite the serious gripes.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I'd go for the standard international then just get the car converted to liquid injection that way you get the new six speed transmission and that means better fuel economy and better shift through the gears than the old four speed clunker thats been around since the ark, you just miss out on a small amount of torque I think it's 20 -30 nm's.

affinity

Reaction score
Members Ride
International (Dual Fuel) VE MY10 Sedan, 3.6L 4A
If anyone has 100% knowledge that a SIDI LPG is possible and that it is coming, please provide more details.

Edit: I found this [1] .... now I really feel ripped off!

[1] http://www.apollogas.com.au/ --- still announcing SIDI as "coming soon" -- Holden VE SIDI 2010 Sedan - still under production.