Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering ve sv6

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
hi guys, Im just wanting some info. Id like to lower my sedan around 40-50mm and to have the car sit level frount to back. just wondering what king springs i would need to buy (as theres a few types for sale on ebay). Also would i need to replace the shocks or can i just replace the springs. One more thing how much would i be expecting to pay to have them installed in the newcastle area.
Thanks Nathan

wooddyy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
King springs SSSL will get you what you want, you dont need to put in short travel shock with those so should cost about $450 installed. I have them in mine cheeck my topics if u want a look.
There is heaps of brands shop around for price pedders do a decent package, i just prefered king springs for some reason.

DynoVE

DVSVE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
im buying SL's for front and rear cheap off a guy from Street Commdores, just gonna have them on for a while see how they go.. if i think i need to go lower i would love to have SSL but cant find them anywhere. so i may have to go SSSL.. although im doubting this as i will be on my p's hopefully this week and i may attract alot of police :|

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
DynoVE ask Greg from GSL Rallysport. Forum Sponsor Top bloke and will have what you want. I just had my SSL's put in the rear on Friday that i purchased from him. Along with new shocks.

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
so har far will ssl springs lower from stock? Should i get these for frount and back for a level ride height? Will i need to replace my shocks also if i install these?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
so har far will ssl springs lower from stock? Should i get these for frount and back for a level ride height? Will i need to replace my shocks also if i install these?

You won't NEED to replace them, but the handling will increase a mile if you do! Go for some good quality, stiffer shocks to match the springs.

DynoVE

DVSVE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
if you could. please link me to his profile so i can msg him :)

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
I thought many of the Pedders and kings are the same springs?

I went for Pedders, just like the Red ones better, even though u dont reali see them.

Springs cost me $270 and are fine with stock shocks about a 35mm drop.

Attachments

• P1631_30-06-10.jpg
    P1631_30-06-10.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 10,270

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Nice mate! Phil if you have one could put up a side picture? the stock rims dont look half bad when the car is lowered, I am debating whether or not to buy new rims then lower it or lower and get rims down the track.. I'm not used to having a higher rise rear end and with the spoiler doesn't help..

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
Hey Phil how does it handle I gave lessees a call and was quoted 600 does that sound about right? Also yeh could you put a side on picture or two please.