Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 08 SSV ute

beej2beej

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE ssv A6
Hi guys finally got around to write up some stuff on my ute!

Here goes, its an 08 VE SSV silver ute, exterior mods are:
lowered pedders springs.
tint.
'bulky' type hard cover.

engine mods include:
duspeed otr.
powerbond 25% underdrive.
1 3/4 xfroce stainless headers,twin 3''mild steel middle section with twin stainless varex tips.
maffless tune.
auto gearbox line pressures increased.
3.7 ratio upgrade.

power: 274.8 rwkw.

tuned by jakes performance canberra.

interior mods:
jl audio C5 6.5'' splits.
12" kicker slimline sub.
2:100 watt kicker amp for splits.
1:400 mono block kicker amp for sub.
kicker remote bass control.

Future mods:
this week (due to a jammed oil pressure relief valve) ill be getting a cam (i think its a 224/228 comp cam kit) installed as to get to this valve its almost the same process as doing a cam so in a weird way its saving labor to do it now rather then do the same process labour wise at tax time lol. will post results on that one.

some wheels, probe a 20x8.5 front with a 9.5-10 inch rear.
a blower.
a stally.
coil overs.
a non slimline 12" sub in a custom box.

will get some pics up when i get my car back.
look forward to sharing the results guys :)

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Nice mate.. Gotta be happy with it!
Auto i'm assuming?

beej2beej

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE ssv A6
yeah man its auto, I'm not an auto is better or man is better, its just what came up at the time tho i do want to hit the strip at some point and the auto shall give some consistency i hope lol..
its pretty punchy to drive around town after the diff gears were put in, first is pretty wild if your into it lol, mind you my tyres are shot as well. chirps 1-2 and 2-3 gear shifts, makes me giggle nearly every time lol.

atomic maloo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve maloo
Good stuff mate are u keeping the stock stall with that cam also what's the underdriven kit like? Recommend it?

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Same question as above re: under driven kit.. Since your car is the ute version of mine i'm curious.. I can't make up my mind about em.

Don't worry I have an auto also.. I love the mix of fun and the optional laziness..

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Good spec list more pics though. Jake is an awesome tuner definitely go back to him.

beej2beej

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE ssv A6
yeah it sounds a bit dumb that i want a stally later but am doing a small cam now, but given the situation and timing i can't really afford a stally at the moment and most stuff will be off the car to get to this relief valve so jake recommended if i was thinking a cam down the track then to maybe do it now :) the car feels fast enough now i just wants more torque, so this cam should do the trick..... as for the under drive i personally don't think there is any difference to how it was, i had it done when i had the tune, otr and exhaust done so i can't really gauge what it does.... it helps with hp as it makes the acc spin slower so its less stress on the motor :) sorry lol.... apparently the factory balancers are not the best when power starts to get put thru them so maybe for piece of mind it may be worth getting.

atomic maloo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve maloo
Sounds good mate can't wait to see some results if u don't mind me asking what were you quoted