Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bluetooth Handsfree in the VE

Robbo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Omega
Hi Guys, I've got a basemodel VE commodore. Apparantly they don't have bluetooth installed as standard however they do have the phone answer button on the steering wheel and I've located the handsfree mic allready installed up near the sunglasses holder. Our local dealer (Arnotts Holden - Benalla) will "install" the bluetooth for approx $500. Is this a con or do they actually do some work for the $500? Robbo

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
No con. You do not have the BT module in the Omega.

A pretty good price if you ask me!

But just to be sure, have you tried to pair a BT phone?

Robbo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Omega
Yep, tried paring with my mobile and no luck. Rang Holden Customer Care just to check and they confirm that it's an extra option on the VE Omega - not standard.

errol

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Commodore Lumina
Save urself that $500 and go and buy a Tom Tom navigational with bluetooth for $500 that way u will have 2 features.

paulevered

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
$500 is quite high. My local dealer fitted it in about 15 minutes (it clips in behind/above the glovebox) and cost me less than $300.

By the way it turned out to be rubbish (too much echo) and I now use an aftermarket kit clipped to my sun visor.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
By the way it turned out to be rubbish (too much echo) and I now use an aftermarket kit clipped to my sun visor.

Hahaha! There's only too much echo if you don't set it up properly... Had built in BT in both my VE Calais and the VE Clubby. The Calais echo'd initially but after I worked out the best way to set it up, haven't had a problem since.

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
My bluetooth is constantly giving problems in the Calais. The most usual fault is that I get into the car, turn on the ignition, then it says "voice in" fine... Then once I start the car, all the voltage drop I assume causes the thing to become confused and it stops talking to my phone.

I just turn it off now and can't be bothered with the stress of using it.

indyblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V
I bought the module for my Omega and installed it myself. It's the first thing I've ever installed in a car and it took me less than an hour. The instructions came in the box with pictures and everything, very impressed.

Think it cost me about $300 and never given me any problems.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
My bluetooth is constantly giving problems in the Calais. The most usual fault is that I get into the car, turn on the ignition, then it says "voice in" fine... Then once I start the car, all the voltage drop I assume causes the thing to become confused and it stops talking to my phone.

I just turn it off now and can't be bothered with the stress of using it.

Do you mean you get in and turn your car to "On" first and then start it after it's done all the checks? If so, the BT will connect when your turn it to "On" and the drop out when you start the car. It either reconnects for me automatically, or I just press the phone button on the wheel to reconnect it. Best solution though is just start the car with one turn of the key... Don't turn it On first, wait, then ignition...

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
indyblue, do you still have the instructions and can you put them up here