Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Display dies on Level 2 head unit - common issue?

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
So for the past couple of months or whatever, we've had the pleasure of owning a VE Berlina, truly a beautiful car. :) However, one thing that we've noticed increasingly over the last few weeks is that there seems to be an issue with the LCD display on the head unit - sometimes, the display goes blank, and stays blank until the next time the car is started. (the backlight stays on and everything, just the display's blank) This can happen at any time - even while the car is being driven. Its a VE Berlina, so it has a Level 2 head unit, the one with the 6 disk in dash CD stacker, and climate, but no satnav, and a monochrome (greenscreen) display. I know its not normal, but I'm just curious, is it a common issue with these units? Thanks in advance :)

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
yeh it does have the same problem as others, its the actual screen that is faulty.... needs to be sent back to blaupunkt and replaced under warranty.
seems to be a common problem cos ive done quite a few over the period of a year and a bit

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I thought the Berlina model had a colour screen model like in the calais?

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I thought the Berlina model had a colour screen model like in the calais?

Nup, it has a monochrome "green screen" as standard. Yeah, I'll suggest that my parents mention it to the dealer next time it goes in for a service. It doesnt' happen very often, but it does happen.

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
So for the past couple of months or whatever, we've had the pleasure of owning a VE Berlina, truly a beautiful car. :) However, one thing that we've noticed increasingly over the last few weeks is that there seems to be an issue with the LCD display on the head unit - sometimes, the display goes blank, and stays blank until the next time the car is started. (the backlight stays on and everything, just the display's blank) This can happen at any time - even while the car is being driven. Its a VE Berlina, so it has a Level 2 head unit, the one with the 6 disk in dash CD stacker, and climate, but no satnav, and a monochrome (greenscreen) display. I know its not normal, but I'm just curious, is it a common issue with these units? Thanks in advance :)

Yes, I've had this. HSV with red/white colour screen.

Problem is intermittent so the dealers don't want to know about it. No errors logged so the diagnostics prove pointless. Not much you can do I'm afraid.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Yes, I've had this. HSV with red/white colour screen.

Problem is intermittent so the dealers don't want to know about it. No errors logged so the diagnostics prove pointless. Not much you can do I'm afraid.

LMAO dude I feel bad for you, your entire car is an intermittent problem :(

Really makes me not want to buy a new HSV