Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Finally got around to powder coating my SSV rims

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi folks,

some of you may remember a posting I did a few months ago asking for opinions on getting my SSV rims powercoated stain black with a thin red pin stripe. (to match the red hot colour with black track stripes)

Well I finally got around to doing it. Also took the opportunity to paint the calipers red (yes I did take them off, pull them apart and do it properly) and paint the SS, V, and v8 badges satin black. Also did a bit of detail work under the bonnet. Notice the exhaust now matches as well.

Here's the results.

Do you think I should spray the wheel centre caps black to get rid of the silver holden lion.. given the fact that the front and rear badges are already black there is no other silver on the exterior of the car any more?

Attachments

• DSC03042.JPG
    DSC03042.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 15,884
  • DSC03037.JPG
    DSC03037.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 9,224
  • DSC03039.JPG
    DSC03039.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 21,172
  • DSC02970.JPG
    DSC02970.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 3,883
Last edited:

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
nice, that looks killer as, you might aswell spray the centre peices black, itd finish it fully off, or maybe even spray the centre cap itself red, that would also looks fair awesome but over all car looks hot mate.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
looks good thinking about doing mine, who coated them and how much?

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Got them done by Steve wicks and sons in Adelaide... only $50 each including acid stripping.

Apparently they were rough as guts when the paint was off... lots of work to get them straight enough to coat.

I did the stripes myself... high quality saas adhesive vinyl. Have to be careful getting tyres on and off.. but Bob Jane were excellent... used a run flat machine which doesn't run around rim. They'll be better next time anyway... the stripe becomes more resiliant the longer it is on.

Couple of rough patches on the inside the v of the spoke... but overall I'm pleased with the outcome... you wouldn't see it unless I pointed it out.

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
LOOKs great !, got me all worked up to do mine :)

TehFastyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V Utility
The whole car looks a little weird with blacked out rims and badges. Regardless, good work on it though, the powdercoating looks nice!

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
The whole car looks a little weird with blacked out rims and badges. Regardless, good work on it though, the powdercoating looks nice!

weird is subjective... manufacturers use silver wheels and badges because they match all colours making it a more cost effective and "safe" and conservative option.

I like the Boyd Coddington/Chip Foose school of motoring... every single car should be individual, with traits of the personality of the driver.

I love the whole Nacar meets Need for Speed look. It' very now, very in your face, and very me.

dan-wess

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY S Pac Series II
Great job!

One of the best looking cars i've seen for a long time.

02DUBH

Reaction score
Members Ride
SENATOR
lookin good, have you got the number for the company who powder coated your rim,s and were in adelaide?

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
lookin good, have you got the number for the company who powder coated your rim,s and were in adelaide?

Thanks!

Steve Wickes & Sons Pty Ltd
Powder Coating

(08) 8262 4673
555 Main North Rd
Gepps Cross SA 5094