Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VE Lumina

johnzombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Hey guys,

Thought I'd put up a thread of my first car to see what you think of it and maybe throw some suggestions at me. I picked it up back in Feb but never got around to posting it, so here it is:

Name: Jordan
Model: 2007 VE Lumina
Kilometers: 73000
Colour: Evoke
Bodykit: Standard
Engine: 3.6L Alloytec
Power: 180kw (stock untested)
Exhaust: Stock
Suspension: Stock
Wheels: Stock (VE Calais V)
Stereo: Stock
Planned Mods:
Window Tint
SSV Tail and Headlights
HID conversion
Shark Fin antenna
Sound System with the Folcik HVAC controller in place of the factory LCD

I've got a few more ideas but they're still up in the air at the moment. Any suggestions are welcome! I'm not really into performance mods though, theres no point on the base 180kW Alloytech IMO.

I haven't had many photo ops, but heres a few of the good ones I've taken.

IMG_0534.jpgIMG_0533.jpgIMG_0712.jpg

Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Looking good mate.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hey mate sounds good, throw up some pics of your HVAC setup I'm keen to see it as I also have one.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Also keen to see pictures and more details of your sound setup.

johnzombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Hey mate sounds good, throw up some pics of your HVAC setup I'm keen to see it as I also have one.

Also keen to see pictures and more details of your sound setup.

Haven't got it yet guys. It's definitely going to happen somewhere down the track, but I haven't got any moolah at the moment (being a uni student sucks financially).
I've had a look at yours BigBoss, you've got some really cool mods going on there. I always keep my eye on your thread.

johnzombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
It's been almost a year since I bought the car and the mods are FINALLY starting to roll in.

Off the list of planned mods in my first post I've done the HID conversion, shark fin antenna, and the sound system is taking shape.

The pics show the HID's (yes I know, they're a no-no in reflectors, I'm working on that), the shark fin, and how I've got the headunit mounted. It's in the glovebox, but the face of it sits under the stock HU. This is done by having the plug that the face connects to the headunit with de-soldered and extending it with wires.

I just realised how blurry the photo of the headunit is. I'll take another one tomorrow.

I'm halfway through upgrading the speakers so once thats all done I'll post another update. The plan is to eventually install an iPad mini.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 508

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Looks Dope Mate! Well done!
A couple of questions:
What brand HU is that?
Do you have steering wheal controls over the new HU?
How do you plan to mount the mini?
Are you planning to mount your LCD HVAC controller like I had mine?
Do you plan to put something over the new HU where the face plate should be co cover it up?
and just one suggestion why dont you get a cover from one of those flipy coin covers and mount your faceplate in that, it would have better contours.

johnzombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Looks Dope Mate! Well done!
A couple of questions:
What brand HU is that?
Do you have steering wheal controls over the new HU?
How do you plan to mount the mini?
Are you planning to mount your LCD HVAC controller like I had mine?
Do you plan to put something over the new HU where the face plate should be co cover it up?
and just one suggestion why dont you get a cover from one of those flipy coin covers and mount your faceplate in that, it would have better contours.

1. It's an Alpine HU. I got it for free off a mate. Since its an old model it's not Lightning compatible so before I get the mini ill be upgrading to a new HU that's compatible. It's also only got 2 RCA outs, I'm after one with 3. It does a superb job doing what its doing at the moment though, I love it.
2. I do not, I'm waiting for an Axxess ASWC to be delivered so that I can have steering wheel controls (gotta give you with the credit for that one, I thought it was impossible until I discovered them on your thread)
3. I've going to make a fibreglass fascia thats the same shape as the stock HU. The mini will go up the top behind it so it looks like a stock screen, and maybe (I haven't decided this yet) the HU will come out of the glovebox and go underneath the mini in the same fascia, not where to coin tray normally goes.
4. Yes I am planning to mount it like that. Out of all the ways I've seen the Folcik unit mounted, the Omega MFD location is by FAR the best looking.

And as for the suggestion of the faceplate in the coin tray, that has crossed my mind, but since this is a temporary solution I'm not going to bother. Who knows I might change my mind and end up going for that.