Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VE SSV Wagon - Herron White

clu66y

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Berlina
Hi All

Picked up a Series 2 SSV wagon about a week ago.
Since then have loved every minute being in the cars...

From Dealers just usual stuff, roof racks, tint, mats , tow bar, sports armour, in Auto (getting old lazy with Manual's)
Also decked the interior with two baby seats, hee hee

So far I have done the following:

Wheels : 22 x 9 , Lexani LX-15 in gloss black, 245/30/22 Lexani tyres (Ozzy Tyres), Painted Calipers

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1511-2.jpg

Body : Vinyl wrapped roof and bonnet in gloss black (Carbon Demon), also just fitted a Bee Sting Serial not shown in these photos

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

Future mods:
Exhaust: 3 inch Varex, not too sure. As I have a young family, but want the option to be a hoon when I am on my own, and of course quiet with the family in the car.
Tune : ORSSOM CAI and MAFLESS tune ( AutoWerks)
Suspension : Bought a new set of BOGE shockes, just need to get springs...Not too sure what to go..At this stage SSSL front and SSL rear as I have a steep driveway I might not be able to lower it..So I might have some brand new BOGE up for sale..As missus wants a camper van, I am thinking about airbags.
DVD: Did order the factory DVD but holden had closed the manufacturing order hence if I wanted that option I was looking at Sept Delivery date.. So I decide to go aftermarket, looking at this option:
1. The ASL kit DVD Player IQ, play through this head unit and output to LCD in the headrest
2. VIM JHP
3. DVD Headrest ( XTRONS 9")DVD Headrest
Was going to go for the Alpine overhead, but I think it will block out my rear vision.
Body: looking at doing something to the grill eg Calais grill and black the emblem...

I have to sell my other car first before I can further enhancing the SSV.
Let me know what you think

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Love the wheels, the black roof I could have liked but the black bonnet it's working for me... lol.

Should look awesome once you've dropped it a couple inches front and back.

Ash84

VE Clubsport
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ClubSport
rims look awesome, like the roof to but the bonnet just aint doing it for me :(!

all in all tops car mate!

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice wheels mate.

clu66y

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Berlina
Hi Guys

Just as an update further with my wagon..
3 months later this the new mods that have completed..

Engine
Well Finally took the plunge, went to Sam's Performance...Got a VCM install with all the dress mould and a MAF tune,disable AFM
Unfortunately we only managed 290 HP at the wheels, stock was giving 220HP, which Sam believe that this is low compared to other cars he has done..
I am not fussed as this is only a number but when I took it on the first drive and it is a total different car..I am wrapped with the tune...
I cant stop putting my foot down, auto shift SO much smooth and alot more responsive..
IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

I also went to Rapid exhaust and got a diff back exhaust, we ran a J pipe, drone like no tomorrow, hence we put a hot dog on the j Pipe, still droned like a bugger..third time lucky went a straight pipe split into two hot dog..Unique design but give the v8 note with out the crazy drone...I will try to get some photos

Suspension
Lowered front with SSSL and Rears with SSL ( King Springs) and BOGE turbo Shock..
Just had that done this weekend, unfortunatelyit is scrubbing, hence I ordered a guard rolling machine and hopefully will fix my problem this weekend.
Any one in Sydney that needs to roll guards I will have a machine by this week.

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

Grill
New grill I picked up, had to do alot of dremelling to get her to fit, ended up Vinyl wrapping the mould with carbon fibre.
Painted the badge in satin black
IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

DVD Players

Ended up fitting out 2 headrest DVD players. Also fitted up a DVD player in the glove box to change movies for the kids on the drive, still need a little work to get the signals sorted...Need to get VIM and the RCA still...

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg