Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2006 VE SV6

Silver6

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SV6
:w00t: So this is my new car. As the title says its the 06 VE SV6. Got it through Wilsons Holden in Albion Park. Been a bit rough trying to get things sorted through them. There is a few things they had to fix and I am still waiting for my CD player to come in so they can replace the mechanism that's failing but over all I am happy with it. Will be my car for the I own for the next 10yrs.

Current Mods:
K&N Panel Filter

Future Mods:
CAI and Tune
Set of rims
Exhaust
Maybe a darker tint.

Just some tasteful ones.

Let me know what you think good or bad. Looking forward to becoming an active user on JC. Tried to upload interior pics but wont let me. Just a standard very clean interior. Will post them when I have more time.

Thank you,

Aaron.

Attachments

• IMG_6148.jpg
    IMG_6148.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_6150.jpg
    IMG_6150.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 557
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 556
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 533
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 565
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:

2010_SSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SSV Redline 2014
With that colour those rims albeit stock suit it NICELY.....Very nice paint and very tidy ride. Congrats Aaron....

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
Looks good mate. will keep an eye out for you. i live in Kiama but work in the gong ...

Marko_SJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 utility
:w00t: So this is my new car. As the title says its the 06 VE SV6. Got it through Wilsons Holden in Albion Park. Been a bit rough trying to get things sorted through them. There is a few things they had to fix and I am still waiting for my CD player to come in so they can replace the mechanism that's failing but over all I am happy with it. Will be my car for the I own for the next 10yrs.

No current mods as of yet but in the future just a few:

CAI and Tune from castle hill performance
Set of rims
Exhaust
Maybe a darker tint.

Just some tasteful ones.

Let me know what you think good or bad. Looking forward to becoming an active user on JC. Tried to upload interior pics but wont let me. Just a standard very clean interior. Will post them when I have more time.

Thank you,

Aaron.

Welcome mate.

Hope yours is good to you too.

Mark

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Welcome ride looks good mate.

Silver6

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SV6
Thanks. Ride is good just getting a few things fixed before 3 month warrantee runs out. Dont want to name and shame the place but they are very unorganised and are giving me the run around at the moment.

The rear right (auto lock or something like that) is making a noise similar to when brake pads are worn so got to ge that done. if warrantee doesnt cover will be around $400 mark. Thinking of getting the Haynes book and parts myself and taking a crack as long as its not too bad to do.

But still very happy with the car :D

Silver6

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SV6
So looking at a tune from Castle hill sooner rather than later. Not the OTR package just a tune itself. Wondering if anyone has done this and what gains they made over stock?
I hear there is a throttle limiter too. Does the tune remove this? If so will the gearbox handle it? Im sure it will but not sure what it is rated. Don't want to be running at say 350 and its only rated for 350 if you know what I mean.

Is there any other places you can all recommend?

Thank you,

Aaron.

Last edited:

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
So looking at a tune from Castle hill sooner rather than later. Not the OTR package just a tune itself. Wondering if anyone has done this and what gains they made over stock?
I hear there is a throttle limiter too. Does the tune remove this? If so will the gearbox handle it? Im sure it will but not sure what it is rated. Don't want to be running at say 350 and its only rated for 350 if you know what I mean.

Is there any other places you can all recommend?

Thank you,

Aaron.

Get the OTR with it, you'll see a big difference.
I think you're talking about the Torque Management System which just cuts the engine when you're giving a bit of a boot in 1st and 2nd to prevent morons doing "hectik skids" but once you've turned it off you'll notice a huge improvement in the lower gears.