Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn kickdown cable....

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
hi all,
im just curious, what exactly does the kickdown cable do? i know when i adjustd it it changed the cars shift points and smoothness ( i set it a bit rougher and shifts higher aswell) but what does it connect to? torque convertor??

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
connects to the pressure valve in the gearbox if its badly adjusted it will kill your box pretty fast

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
whats the correct way to adjust it?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
unadjust it fully out then open the throttle to its throttle stop the cable will click in on its adjuster to the correct position which will have it fully pulled tight at wot

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
thanks, ill do it now hahah

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
it goes alot smoother, but slower?? it shifts lazier, ive been wanting a shift kit for ages, what gearbox is in the vn v6? theres a few shift kits on ebay, they any good? their by B&M

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you can maybe add 1 or 2 extra clicks on the cable if its real sloppy depending on how sticky the adjuster is they sometimes dont quite go where they are meant too.mine was real sloppy and i have it adjusted tighter since i had the car to stop sloppy change into second but it didnt help i fitted a new ecu this week and it bangs second gear hard with bugger all throttle on im about to slacken it back off

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
wait so which way do i pull the adjuster out to make my shifts tighter? lol soz bit confused

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yip pull it out 1 or 2 clicks easiest way is press the lock slightly and pull it so uyou can feel it go over the notches

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
yip pull it out 1 or 2 clicks easiest way is press the lock slightly and pull it so uyou can feel it go over the notches

im very tempted to pull it out all the way haha what would happen if i do? seeing when you get a shift kit you can put the prsure up next service, doesnt this jsut run higher presure???