Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windscreen wiper switch

S

sxgodess

Hey everyone :wave: .... i have an unusual question :confused: .... But the switch on my windscreen wipers has come loose and the water jet button dosn't work anymore and i have to push it i the turn the wipers on.... i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before and what they did to fix it and if anyone knows where i can get a replacement and how easy is it to replace yourself.

Any suggestions will be helpful
:thumbsup:

R

rattattack1313

A not-uncommon thing to happpen....the switch is fugged..... a trip to the wreckers , with a Phillips head screwdriver.........scrounge around... you need to unscrew the cluster to get to the bit you want............while you are there......keep an eye on the dashes...see if you can find one with the Police-speedo light..........take the whole cluster....then ramp right through THAT car.....see what else it has..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

vpdood

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp berlina
yeh wot ratt said. had the same thng happen to mine a while ago..i fixed it all up with some cardboard and super glue....then for some reason i went to the wreckers and bought a new block of swtiches when i didnt need to. so so stoopid!!!

gotta love a good scrumage at the wreckers, u feel like an old lady at an op shop

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Heres a side on view of a washer /wiper switch and the stuff that breaks

Attachments

• washer wiper.jpg
    washer wiper.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 2,344
V

vg_ute

i was just wondering why do my water squirters squirt over my whole car? they literally go over the whole car and another half a car length more. doesnt bother me jus curious as to why it shoots so far?

R

rattattack1313

Get a sewing needle....put it in the hole, and using the needle as a lever, push it down a notch.... :thumbsup:

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
hey rat just cause the switch fell out doesnt means its buggered.... mine fell out while i had to get some parts and my console was dangling by wires and plugs... wen iclosed the door it hit it and the centre came flying out.... it was just a long bit of plastic with a flat top... a spring on that and the end clip bit... i just puti t all back in and she works great now!!

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
What exactly is a "police speedo light?"

What does it do? Like a speed alert?

R

rattattack1313

Hee heee hee...no mate...there is one in my Vee Pee...as soon as I turn the key, a yellowish light comes on directly above the speedo, totally independant of the rest of the dash lights.....I have posted a pic somewhere in here with a pic of mine.....that way, the cop could cruise along behind someone at night with all his lights off, but still be able to see how fast he/they were going....................................

V

vg_ute

na i'll leave it how it is. its fun squirting people behind me and next to me. lol got my mate the otherday at the light. he copped it right in the face. i was crackin it. lol