Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Fuel Pump Setup

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Hi all,

I have removed my fuel tank in my 1989 Series 1 VN Calais 5L and atm its gettin sandblasted and in insides cleaned out.

Now instead of replacing the factory crappy intank pump and external pump, I want to just run a single Walbro intank pump ready for some HP down the road.....

What is needed to do this? I was told to go with a VN Series 2 sender unit as they supposively run a single pump instead of the early vn twin pump setup?.....but i wouldnt think there was a difference with the intank sender setup?

Any Feedback Appreciated

Cheers,
Renno

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
I have a 91 vn ss and still has the twin pump setup.
You can replace the external pump with a bosch 044 but you will need a few fittings to step it down to the standard fuel line size. You can use the standard fuel pump bracket once you remove the rubber from inside it or there are billet brackets that you can buy for them. I replaced the internal pump at the same time. The 044 upgrade is very common and no one seems to have any troubles. Capa recomends doing it with their SC Kits. Heres a few phone pics from when i did mine a while ago.

Attachments

• DSC00221.jpg
    DSC00221.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 6,157
  • DSC00227.jpg
    DSC00227.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 8,964
  • DSC00266.jpg
    DSC00266.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,549

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Hmmm ive been told about the 044 setup, but really wanted to just illiminate the external pump....

Ive had some discussion with a few mates and ill be going with a walbro and the 'longer' series 2 sender...

Thanks for your help mate :)