Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Cheap Vn

Pimpn1

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
My cheap $1000 VN

Model: 1989 VN "S" pack
Colour: White
Bodykit: None
Gearbox: 4spd Auto
Engine: Stock
Exhaust: 3'' maybe cat back
Suspension: KMAC Lowered
Brakes: Stock
Wheels/Tyres: 17"
Stereo: CD Player with 600watt sub and amp

Current Mods: Pod filter

Future Mods: Unsure as of yet any suggestions?

Last edited:

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
BARGAIN! nice car man, not really much you needa do to it as mods tbh unless ur guna upgrade the engine, could always tint the windows + extra little bits n pieces of personal preference here and there, maybe a lip kit change the garnish on the boot, chrome rear lights? all i can think off top of my head tho lol

EDIT: and done bother wid the pod filter lol unless you get a cold air intake system installed...you'd be wasting ur time lol

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
wash+ deep cut polish
get rid of the pod (unless its enclosed)
daytime shots
engine bay shots

then well go from there

nice pick up for 1k

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
you can get the chrome tailights off of ebay although there a ripoff most of the time, try and get the auction ones, there cheaper, or theres the option of a copy calais eg. u paint the lines on the tailights white like the calais rear lights but theyre stickon i think when they come out, there are fair few bodykits that suit the vns, mainly ones designed for the vn lol haha. I personally recon the best 3 are SS, Group A and VY (made for vns) bodykits, but its all about personal preference. A few other extras, theres always the choice of extractors, series 2 coilpacks with coilpack upgrades, bigger leads, different grill, maybe sv5000 or letterbox look alright, possibility of spraying interior too, like centre consol (black looks best) and well yea..

EDIT: these are fake calais rear lights ppl sell em for like $30 lol
social-albums-car-diy-picture2588t-calaisfakes.jpg

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yeah give it a good wash, maybe even twice, and then a nice cut and polish, and then a good hard coat of wax. That'll liven her up a bit.

Then clean up the engine bay, detail the interior, and take some pics :D That looks in fairly good nick for $1000. Then grab a new front indicator, some new tail lights, and you'll be laughing!