Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS ecotec, not starting, after no problems and just filled up car

HICOMPVN

Wanting That Lil Bit More
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR SII Commodore
hey guys, got a vn with a vs ecotec, and i can tell you guys, have not been happier with the eng,

BUT....... today at lunchtime, i filled the car up with United PULP in bentleigh, was driving fine, then went to harvey norman in moorabbin, parked the car, went inside for 30-50 sec's.

come out to go to jb-hi fi, get in to my car and go to start it and she won't fire, WTF.....
the same fuel was running the car b4 i filled it up, and was great that's y i went and filled it up witht the same stuff. today!!

got spark, theres seems's to be fuel in the line, cos it's pressured up, turns over, but will not fire..... i'm pretty cluey when it comes to engines, but i'm sorry this ones really pissed me oFF!!!! got no idea.

any help

thought it might be CAS but i'm not sure!!!!!

Last edited:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Not sure if you have a VN or VS???...but if it's a VS check that the immobiliser light is not flashing (under the radio) - it must extinguish otherwise the car will not start. If it stays on it may be the keyhead where it makes contact with the ring around the keyhole.
Good Luck. Also try a fault code check.

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
You may have bad fuel. It may hurt and it's a pain in the rear but try draining the tank and replace it with another brand. I recently experienced a bad lot of fuel from Shell.

HICOMPVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR SII Commodore
LOL yeah i know, already spoken to the company and they havn't got any compaints today apart from me!!!!!

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
I doubt very much its cause of the fuel even if it was dodgy I'm pretty sure the car would still run, dodgy as but it would still run.

Tried pulling codes and checking earths?

HICOMPVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR SII Commodore
LOL guys, NO codes apart from 12(system ok) there is no probs witht the wiring, I KNOW, cause it's worked no probs!! not 40 seconds before i parked the car!!!, but yeah that's what i thought it would still run if even dodgy fuel!!!

and also i don't have a 60lt jerry can lying around!!!

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Not to sound silly, but is it in park or neutral? Best to start with the easiest.

HICOMPVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR SII Commodore
tried the check park sensor, no not that.
like seriously i was driving the bloddy thing just be for i parked the car, and she was all good!!! got out locked the door, pressed the alarm, went inside for 40-50 secs looking for a RCA to 6.5mm stereo jack, but they didn't have one, went out to get into the car, unlocked alarm, got in turned key to ign, paused, then went to start and just turns over, no fire!!!! BUT THERE IS SPARK!!!!!

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
well if it was a problem with the key head you wouldnt be getting and turning over at all so rule that one out.
had a similar situation when my fuel pump went on my VN would turn over but not fire.... so maybe fuel pump was on its last legs when you parked? ( probably not but thats all i can think of )