Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Con Question

despo

V Fast S furious
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Sv6
Just noticed after yesterday been 40 that my air con was fairly average and the air only really came out from the centre 2 air vents , the side doors blow out weak air and the back 2 couldnt even feel much at all......just wondering if this is normal for all vs

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If its working good the air inside the car should be about 10 - 15 degrees cooler than the ambient temp.You will find it will work better with the fan speed on 3 than 4.

Sgt Santa Cruz

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Statesman
despo i have the same problem in my vr stato.. im thinking of going under and re foaming the connections in the vents see if helps ill keep posted on how it went

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If your air is not as cold as it should be the first thing you need to do is check that your heater tap is turning off....otherwise you are mixing hot and cold air and getting warm air. Check by feeling if the heater pipes under the steering wheel above your left ankle are cold with the engine running. If hot that mean the tap is not turning off. This is a very common problem. It should also be set to 'recirc' not outside air.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
ive got the same problem and im not sure if im just going too bypass the heater tap or actually try and fix it (no suction coming from the tiny hose that closes the heater tap)
and if i do bypass the heater tap is there going too be much coolant left in the heater core etc.... i mean enough that ill have too top up the coolant.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I've attached 2 pix - the first one is the switch in the off position (this turns heater tap on) and the second is with the switch in the on position (this turns heater tap off) To the left of the pix you can see the 2 vacuum lines going to this switch. Also note that my hot/cold lever is off the flimsy clip which I will now hardwire!
Commos with climate control have a different setup.

Re question on coolant left in heater core - will make no difference as you are neither gaining or losing coolant.

Attachments

• hotvacswoff.jpg
    hotvacswoff.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 372
  • hotvacswon.jpg
    hotvacswon.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
I've attached 2 pix - the first one is the switch in the off position (this turns heater tap on) and the second is with the switch in the on position (this turns heater tap off) To the left of the pix you can see the 2 vacuum lines going to this switch. Also note that my hot/cold lever is off the flimsy clip which I will now hardwire!
Commos with climate control have a different setup.

Re question on coolant left in heater core - will make no difference as you are neither gaining or losing coolant.

just what i needed thanks.

i just fixed my aircon with a piece of cardboard of all things , the lever wasnt depressing the valve in enough by about 2 mm ....... i love this forum.

Last edited:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
just what i needed thanks.

i just fixed my aircon with a piece of cardboard of all things , the lever wasnt depressing the valve in enough by about 2 mm ....... i love this forum.

I love this forum when people say they fixed their problem :beer chug: