Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Tank,Fuel Pump Assembly and Swirl Pot.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
11hav0x.jpg

116qjvc.jpg

1en9cw.jpg

2v3r8l2.jpg

5xn5z.jpg

2vs3hcg.jpg

33ynwok.jpg

Heres some pics of the inside of the fuel tank with the pump assembly fitted.
My swirl pot (not the one in the pic) was loose and floating around on the bottom of the tank so I cut open another old tank to see how it is meant to go.Ive never had fuel pickup problems either.I thought these might be handy for anyone changing their fuel pump as they can get an idea of how the pump sits in the tank and how the return hose is connected inside the tank.

Last edited:

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Nice one. :beer chug:

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
Are they your legs mate? If so, I always imagined them to be a lot fatter for some insane reason!:rofl2:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Good One Brett! Why is there a worm drive hose clamp on the fuel return hose? ....has it been replaced at some stage?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
nice, i never pictured the pot like that, anyway i have replaced my pump once before and i have no problems with it going down to empty before i fillup so i must have got er in right!

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Good One Brett! Why is there a worm drive hose clamp on the fuel return hose? ....has it been replaced at some stage?

I noticed that.The pump must have been changed at some stage.The tank and sender are out of a burned out VR V6 (stolen) which I bought ,the interior was the only thing that got burned before the firies got there and put it out.The tank was a bit rusty at the bottom so I thought Id check out the inside and how the pump is meant to sit.I always thought the pump didnt sit in the swirl pot because when I replaced my fuel pump before, the swirl pot was sitting right at the rear of the tank.I ended up finding that it was just floating around on the bottom of the tank,it had come unstuck from the bottom of the tank.I ended up replacing the tank with one that had a good swirl pot and I just used my pump and assembly.I dont know how it never had fuel pickup problems,It would run down to the last few litres easily,it never played up once.

braundog

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Holden ute
can you remove the pump when its still under the car mate ,got to change mine

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
can you remove the pump when its still under the car mate ,got to change mine

Yes ,the only thing I found was it was a bit hard to get the pump out over the panhard rod.(NON IRS).All I did was get a mate to lift the car at the back a bit which gave me enough clearance to get it out.And also watch the return line inside the tank (see photo),dont break it off at the swirl pot.There should be a quick connector at the pump assembly end of the return line which is where you have to undo it.