Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

x symbol in climate control window?

kilbz/vr-caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr caprice
got an x symbol not flashing but popping up intermittently like a lose connection or something, just wondering what it might mean, no sign of a problem apart from heater tap doesnt move between 25-30
any ideas?

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Not sure if the VR setup is the same as the VZ but I had this happen recently. The X on the display means the outside temp sensor is faulty. I replaced mine ($25 sensor from Holden parts) and all fixed. Hope that helps.

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
it means you have an error. i just had it happen to mine and all i did was unplug the sun load sensor and re plug it in. no issues since. there is a diagnostic you can do but i can not remember how to do it.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
On a VP if you hold the off button down for 5 seconds within 10 seconds of ignition on you get the diagnostic mode. Push the hot button to step thru the diagnostics.

20 is no faults

21-27 are: ambient, in car , water temp, intake, sun, air mix door feedback, evaporator temp. sensor fault codes.

hot again then demist to step thru function checks, 31-35, vent, floor etc.. - needs engine vacuum.

hot again => temp sensor readings. Demist to step thru.

fan button.

Temp. should read zero. If not, adj. using up and down.

Auto to finish.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
On a VP if you hold the off button down for 5 seconds within 10 seconds of ignition on you get the diagnostic mode. Push the hot button to step thru the diagnostics.

20 is no faults

21-27 are: ambient, in car , water temp, intake, sun, air mix door feedback, evaporator temp. sensor fault codes.

hot again then demist to step thru function checks, 31-35, vent, floor etc.. - needs engine vacuum.

hot again => temp sensor readings. Demist to step thru.

fan button.

Temp. should read zero. If not, adj. using up and down.

Auto to finish.

Subscribing cause i'm sure i'll need this info one day.