Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Climate Control Problems

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Hey all,

I have a 1996 vs berlina, An no matter what setting you put it to on the climate control as in air vent direction.

It stays on feet...

Any help?!?

Cheers
Mat

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Just like the manual set up, the CC default without vacuum is to the feet, so... looking for a vacuum leak in the system somewhere would be a good place to start. Maybe try the usual suspects: vacuum ball under the guard, the one way check valve under the bonnet, the hose connection - black hose is the vacuum source - to the back of the CC bank of solenoids.

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
mine is doing basicly the same thing except my demister is the only other setting i can use without it going to the feet. There should be a sensor under the radio,its just a 4in or so long box with 5 holes in it,this sensor is often the reason.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I second the Vac leak ^^ as above on this issue - default is warm air to the feet.

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Thanks guys!

Suggestions or photos where to look, as I only picked this up on Wednesday an I dont have a gregory's just yet.

Cheers
Mat

Cracka

Banned :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
Old Sneakers
IF your vent stays on feet unless you throttle it or it decides it will change direction at random then the below is for you, and well anyone.

below your CD player (If you have digital climate control) is an electronic vacume solenoid cluster, its a slim black box with wires and vacume hoses going to it.

Unplug everything, unnscrew it and remove it, it pulls appart very easily and is a simply device, clean everything, replace the filter in it with some foam and cotton cloth, reinstall.

When I did this I stripped every component down, cleaned them all and blew it out with compressed air. You can buy the part brand new from Holden but its like $120 for something that can be serviced for free.

That in my experience is the most common cause.

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
IF your vent stays on feet unless you throttle it or it decides it will change direction at random then the below is for you, and well anyone.

below your CD player (If you have digital climate control) is an electronic vacume solenoid cluster, its a slim black box with wires and vacume hoses going to it.

Unplug everything, unnscrew it and remove it, it pulls appart very easily and is a simply device, clean everything, replace the filter in it with some foam and cotton cloth, reinstall.

When I did this I stripped every component down, cleaned them all and blew it out with compressed air. You can buy the part brand new from Holden but its like $120 for something that can be serviced for free.

That in my experience is the most common cause.

I will try that tomorrow! Cheers for the info.

Cheers
Mat

P.S- With car idling & the climate unit turned off, I can hear a "hiss" behind the radio somewhere as well.

Cracka

Banned :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
Old Sneakers
maybe a cat is stuck behind the radio :D

Nah that could be a vac leak at the unit or if one of the solenoids is jambed or stuck slightly open it will leak too. I'll be interested to see how it goes, it can be a bugger to get to the unit sometimes, last time I ended up taking half the interior out, luckily the dash can stay in.

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
maybe a cat is stuck behind the radio :D

Nah that could be a vac leak at the unit or if one of the solenoids is jambed or stuck slightly open it will leak too. I'll be interested to see how it goes, it can be a bugger to get to the unit sometimes, last time I ended up taking half the interior out, luckily the dash can stay in.

I'll be sure to take photos :)

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I will try that tomorrow! Cheers for the info.

Cheers
Mat

P.S- With car idling & the climate unit turned off, I can hear a "hiss" behind the radio somewhere as well.

Sounds like the tube has poped on the unit. But you have to take the console apart to get to it :)