Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Foglights

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Hey all,

I have a VS an I'm wanting to wire up the foglights.

The foglights are plugged into the loom, I have a relay in the relay socket in the relay/fuse box in the engine bay, however I cant seem to find a plug taped back under the dash for the foglight switch.

Any ideas of what needs to be done?

Cheers
Mat

Last edited:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
u need to splice in a plug, which from memory is the same plug as the A/C or Hazard plug, so off to the wreckers and cut as much of the a/c / hazard plug as you can get.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
If you can get a spot light plug out of a L3 loom... it's pliced in via the dark blue to the head light dark blue wire and the purple red clips into the grey dash plug. Then you need to splice in the orange white, brown white and black wires to the dash loom. Job done :)

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
You guys are life savers, I will explore this a little more tomorrow,
an hopefully be able to post up an image of the foglights working!

Worst case scenario I'll atleast hopefully have the wiring setup for when I get a plug for the foglight switch.

I have a full SII VS Statesman dash kicking in the backroom of the garage in a safe spot, That I might butcher it's loom.
I'll be going in the VS with a VS SIII statesman Console, Going to use the berlina loom tho, it has dual airbag an that dash supports it ^_^

Cheers
Mat

Last edited:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
There will be a voilet/red wire in a grey multi pin dash loom connector called yb 124 (there are 3 multi pin connectors joined together to the right of the fuses under the swing down panel inside the cabin) that runs from the fog lamp relay base under the bonnet along the main loom through the firewall to it and if you earth this violet/red wire it will energise the fog lamp relay coil and , if everything is plugged in, turn the foglamps on.
102925d1286766663-vr-vs-fog-lamp-wiring-diagram-fog-20install.jpg

and you need to tee off a couple of wires at the headlight switch for earths to feed the switch and orange/white wire for 12v+power for fog lights on indication lamp in the switch and brown/white wires for switch illumination 12v+supply.
Then you could modify the wiring under the bonnet (like everyone does) a bit so you can have the headlights and foglamps on at the same time.

Last edited:

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
I would have thought if the loom is there for the relay and lamps, then the plug would be there for the switch also?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I would have thought if the loom is there for the relay and lamps, then the plug would be there for the switch also?
plug and wiring is in dash loom and they are different between levels....plug and wiring in main loom is there but what wires it plugs for dash etc into it isnt

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
After inspection of my VS SII Statesman dash I have in the garage, On that dash loom the wiring is just taped back, So when I put that dash in, it'll be straight plug in, But currently I want to wire this one up,

It appears that the Foglight button is the same as the demister switch plug,

So I am off to the wreckers to cut out some wiring ^_^

Cheers
Mat

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Just got some plugs from the wreckers for $2 in total

6eaf2f51-0d8c-0b27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Just got some plugs from the wreckers for $2 in total

6eaf2f51-0d8c-0b27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you got the proper spotty plug just unclip the blue wire from your head light plug and replace with the blue out of the other one. Then its splice in the orange white, brown white and black wires, and plug in the violet red into the grey plug.