Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bloody VS headrests

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Hi everyone, i've just bought some seat covers off of a member on here (wanted7) and i need to remove the headrest to get em on. Now i've read another few posts on it, some mentioning some sort of 'clip' or something that needs to be released... i've tried picking around in there with a small screwdriver but can't find any 'clip' as such.

I also read in a post that the older model commodores had an easier release mechanism and that with the relatively newer models (VS etc) the 'clip' was placed in some plastic thing AND THEN had the seat material placed over the top making it extra hard to get to. I don't really want to have to do what the other post suggested: strip back the seat material right up to the headrest to find this infamous 'clip' and undo it, so si there anyone else who's removed a headrest in a VS before that can shed some light on this problem?

Thanks alot everyone, cheers, Bryce.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
come on... surely someone out there has to know or has had the same problem.

08_adaml

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Spac Manual
I couldnt find the clip as well, pretty dodgy! lol

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
sure is, i'd go chainsaw massacre style on it but i want my headrests back on once the seat covers are on. Anyone else have any ideas! please! if anyone has seen how dodgy half a pair of front seat covers on looks you'll feel for me here at the moment :p.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
All I can suggest is to try sticking a safety pin down alongside the headrest rod on the side with the notches to see it you can push back the catches while you or someone else pulls upward on the headrest.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
ah ok cool. i'll give that a go later on. anyone else have any other ideas at all? anyone have a picture of the elusive 'clip'?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Maybe a feeler guage blade down the rod? ....

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
hako said:
Maybe a feeler guage blade down the rod? ....

Hey hako mate, thanks for the reply. What exactly is a feeler gauge blade? And yeah... i've read that post, i've been through all the posts on headrests and still haven't found anything that's shed much light on it. Surely there has to be a way to get them off without taking off the damn seat covering material.

Cheers.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
A feeler guage is a strip of spring steel about 100mm by 16mm (4" X 1/2"). They come in varying thicknesses and come in a set of maybe 10 or 20...cost but a few dollars. Used for setting ignition points or valve clearances etc.
How about about of hacksaw blade with the teeth ground off.