Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vacuum Leak

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
i check my computer for errors every few weeks and i get the error Vacuum Leak every time i check and clear the codes, wont happen in a day itll happen over a week etc, were are the common places to check for a vacuum leak, everything is tight and all gaskets have been replaced and still does it, any help appreciated

Cheers Fitzy

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
does it sound like theres a vacuum leak and does it feel like it has a vacuum leak? maybe ur comp is just playin up

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
there is a vacuum canister (round ball thingy) under the front passenger guard, start here and work your way back to engine. quiet a common problem. maybe more noticable when cornering and sometime accompanied by higher fuel consumption and a slightly rough idle

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Check hoses around the throttle body also, for example the PCV hose. I know its not relevant to your engine, but on mine the boost bypass valve hose was cracked and had poor vacuum. Replacing it improved fuel economy becase not only did the air metering become more accurate, but boost came on a little later, thereby using less fuel.

Also check the charcoal canister. On mine one hose was loose and looked ok but was still leaking.

EDIT: if you've been into the dash (to install a head unit, etc) check the vacuum solenoid block if you have climate control or the air block at the back of the heater control module if you dont.