Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR/VS SS Fog Light Bezzels

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Hey guys, Me and a few of my mates wanna put the SS fog light bezels on our stock front bar, found some we can buy, not too expensive.

Was wondering what is needed to fit them?
I know you have to cut the front bar, but any recommendations? or plans?
How big has the hole got to be? What should i use to cut the hole?
Any advise much appreciated.

If you dont know what Im talking about here is a pic.
302.jpg

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
dude, its christmas day, most people are out doing stuff and arent too fussed on the forum.
give it some time.

anyway, id be using probably a dremel to cut the holes, but no recommendations on how to do it.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
and you need that glue used for bodykits so you can stick the bezels on, its around $30. Can't remember what its called, holiday mood:)

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
and you need that glue used for bodykits so you can stick the bezels on, its around $30. Can't remember what its called, holiday mood:)

no you don't they are held in place with clips on each tab, absolutely no glue is used.

But seriously i would get a panel shop to do it. My dad and I did mine, we used a drill and thin drill bits to cut the small slits needed and they were ok, but one looked closer to the grill than the other and it sat a little higher too. Plus the colour wasn't matched too well cos we used pressure pack cans. Ended up buying an SS bar when getting some repair work done and it looks awesome now. A mate of mine got an executive bar and got a panel shop to fit them and it came up good. So it can be done but better off getting a pro to do it, it will look better in the end and remember measure a million times and cut once.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Yeah i was planning on measuring a million times lol, and i just got my car sprayed and still have paint left over so maching color isnt a problem, and im not sure if i want to spray them body color or have them as a highlight in a lighter blue. Still deciding. Worst comes to worse is that i will have to buy a new bar from the wreckers and spray that as i dont have money for a panel beater to do it.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Fair enough mate. Goodluck with it and show us the results when your finished.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I did mine and really they fit into the recesses in the bar and you cant install them in the wrong position unless you fu@k up the hole but as long as you stay inside the profile line of the fake brake ducts in the bar you should be alright.
I went to the wreckers and found a trashed bar and did a trial fit on it to get a idea of how to do it ...from there I worked out the approximate area to be cut out on my bar .I took the bar off and covered the area around where the hole would end up with masking tape (so I could mark where the hole goes and save the paint when I cut it out) and put a hole in each corner with a 20mm holesaw inside the area to be cut out of course and joined them up with a hacksaw blade and then took slithers of extra plastic out with a sharp stanley knife but stay inside the profile line in the bar as you can cut more out after you get the slots for the tabs right when the bezel is right up to the bar.When the bezel fitted through the hole in the bar I had made I pushed it up until the tabs touched the bar and put masking tape on the bar over where the slots had to go and marked the slot on the masking tap with a pen.Then with a dremel type tool I drilled a number of small holes close together and joined them together by tilting and pushing the drill towards each hole until they became a slot.Repeat for the other holes and filed them with a narrow file to clean the slot up...they dont have to be exact slots as the bezel will cover them and the clips at the back hide any slight mistakes.
Then push the bezel up until it seats in position and remove any plastic that may be stopping them going right home. I painted the bezels off the car and used flexi-add to the 2 pak paint so it didnt crack off in time.It might be a idea to drill the 2 holes in each side of the steel reo-bar now for the fog lights mounts and now I fitted the bar back on to the car and then I fitted the bezels up and pushed the clips over the tabs to get a flush fit .....they go on easy but they dont come off very easy so make sure you have everything right before you put them on....by the way these bezels ate less than 20 bucks each at gmh parts and you need 6 clips per side.
Heres a couple of picts of the hole before Ifitted the bezels and a picture I took of the lefthand side from the back from a vs in a car yard with them fitted .

Attachments

• left fog.jpg
    left fog.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,326
  • fog hole2.jpg
    fog hole2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,648
  • hole from back.jpg
    hole from back.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,320
  • fog on reo.jpg
    fog on reo.jpg