Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Auto Transmission Service?

Old Colts in Oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Hi all,

Had the trans cooler fitted a while back and they recommend getting a trans service. I've never owned an Auto before. What exactly is involved in a Trans Service? Do they just flush the Trans fluid or is there more to it? What's the going rate for this to get done and how often is it needed?

Many thanks,

Craig

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
do it yourself, i was told a few ways to do it. raise ya car, drop the tran pan becareful of coating ya face in trans fluid. get a service kit off ebay. change the filter , put on the new gasket and bolt her back up then stick sum fluid in her and start her up. be sure to check the elevel while she is hot

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
another way sumone told me to flush ya system is to get a drum disconnect your out put hose and put it into the empty drum. discconect your input hose and put it in a drum of fresh tranny fluid. run the car till the fluid goin into the drum is all nice and red. stop the engine. and change the filter as per the last post of mine.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You'll need 5 litres of Dexron111 @$27 and a filter/gasket kit @ ~$30. Think there is is "how to". Will take about 4 hours being very careful and clean.
Alternative is to get an auto place to do it - ranges from $120 to $240. A full flush costs a $100 or so more.

Old Colts in Oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Thanks guys, I was hoping for a DYI option! I reckon I'll check it out this weekend :).

andy_man343

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 ute manual
hey mate i done mine last weekend. easy as ****. Just remember to make sure its al clean b4 u put it bak together.