Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs dead lock problem?

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
hey i have a vs and if i dead lock the car (while im in it with window down) none of the doors can open..BUT....(which is the whole poion of it lol) the passenger front door i can unlock from inside.....but not the others......all doors unlock and lock when using key (without dead lock on)

why could this be? none unlock when using the key (when its on dead lock) but when manually unlocking it i can unlock the front passenger dooor only! the rest is not budging....

cheers

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
its possible ur Deadlock for the front passenger door just aint working correctly,but just for kicks i'll try it myself
yep,i dead locked my car while i was inside and i couldnt manually unlock ANY door

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
its possible ur Deadlock for the front passenger door just aint working correctly,but just for kicks i'll try it myself
yep,i dead locked my car while i was inside and i couldnt manually unlock ANY door

ah ok thanks yeh im thinking something is faulty in it

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
lol, its a commodore of cause it will fail , p.s I still love my commy.

wanna hope ur commy didnt hear you, she wont start now :whistling

i'll see if i can find how the deaklock system works for you.

vsiicalais

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6 Storm
i have included a wiring diagram for you to check your wiring on the passengers side to ensure that the deadlocking wires are all ok, i would check the wire i have marked with a orange arrow on the pic. i have a feeling that there may be an issue with that specific wire (black with blue trace) near the actuator or it may be that the plug for the actuator isnt sitting in quite right. I have found sometimes they do come loose or even disconnect completely as mine have a couple of times. hope this helps. if you need more info etc let me know :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 915

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
i have included a wiring diagram for you to check your wiring on the passengers side to ensure that the deadlocking wires are all ok, i would check the wire i have marked with a orange arrow on the pic. i have a feeling that there may be an issue with that specific wire (black with blue trace) near the actuator or it may be that the plug for the actuator isnt sitting in quite right. I have found sometimes they do come loose or even disconnect completely as mine have a couple of times. hope this helps. if you need more info etc let me know :thumbsup:

hey man thats great...thanks heaps for that :thumbsup:

well ill have to look at it over weekend as i dont have time atm

let ya know how it goes

Skreem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
Hey Jas I have the same problem as your's only mine is the drivers side front door. I have changed everything except BCM and nothing has fixed the problem, so I'm hoping your's isn't as bad as what mine might be.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Jas I have the same problem as your's only mine is the drivers side front door. I have changed everything except BCM and nothing has fixed the problem, so I'm hoping your's isn't as bad as what mine might be.

hey...yeh me too :p

i honestly haven't had a chance to look into it more atm but im hoping i will tomorrow

cheers

vsiicalais

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6 Storm
hey skreem, did you check to see if the wiring connector for the dead locking on the door is connected properly? sometimes it is just a simple wiggle and it works again. i had that problem with mine but it was just the wiring wasnt contacting properly.