Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate Control Air-Con not working.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
Gday everyone.
Well as title says... Climate control air con wont work for me.

I after id been at the car wash, thought id bang the air con on to cool me down abit.

Push buttons, didnt work.
I can up the temp n down the temp but no air thru the front, side, or rear vents. (there is air thats pushes onto the window (dash board vents) and cold air WILL blow at my feet.

Turned car off, as i was at a shopping centre getting some booze, tried it again, and still didnt blow cold air on my face.

Any suggestionsas to what this problem could be ???
Cheers Marc

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
There is a thin vacuum hose at the rear of the intake manifold which often disconnects and causes the loss of vacuum. This is only one cause for the vents not working but I've found it is the main reason. I don't know how many times I've written this but it's a lot.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I need to clear something up first. Can you switch between windscreen and feet and have them both working normally? When you switch it to face does it not come out of ANY vent and sound like a blockage, or does it still work only on screen or feet when set to face?

I know with mine, sometimes the face setting doesn't work at all and does what I described above. Mine has a faulty vacuum solenoid which is located under the stereo behind the console. Sometimes when I bash the side of the console where the stereo is it will kick the vent back to face.

If not then you have a vacuum problem as already mentioned.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
^^^
Thanks Scooter I`ve asked about that and got no answer.
Did you buy a holden vacuum solenoid or go somewhere else?

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
There is a thin vacuum hose at the rear of the intake manifold which often disconnects and causes the loss of vacuum. This is only one cause for the vents not working but I've found it is the main reason. I don't know how many times I've written this but it's a lot.

Thehose you speak of would be the black sqr looking hosue which slides onto the abc of the climate unit? if so i will look at that today or tmrw.
Thak you for your reply. :thumbsup:

Scooter79, yeah i can switch btwn the 2, but even when you turn it just to the normal air con bit (no front demist) nothing would come out the front vents.
Cheers for replys guys.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Thehose you speak of would be the black sqr looking hosue which slides onto the abc of the climate unit? if so i will look at that today or tmrw.
Thak you for your reply :thumbsup:
The hose I mean is thin and round (about as thin as a pencil) and it should be connected at the rear of the intake manifold of the engine. You will need to look between the engine and firewall. Often this hose comes off or is loose which results in loss of vacuum. As I said this might not be the problem but it happens a lot.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
sweet cheers, il go look now.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
is that the same for climate? or just aircon?

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Scooter79, yeah i can switch btwn the 2, but even when you turn it just to the normal air con bit (no front demist) nothing would come out the front vents.
Cheers for replys guys.

WTF is 'the normal air con bit'? Basically if everything is working normally except the face vents then you have a faulty vacuum solenoid. Nothing to do with your vacuum lines in the engine bay. If it was a loose or disconnected line then you wouldn't be able to switch to any other vents.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
Thw normal air con bit being where air flows freely thru the car.... as in NOT blowing hardcore against front window (eg when its fogged up)

Well started the car again yesterday to go out, and tried the aircon, and it worked fine. So i dont know what was wrong with it, as i hadnt touched anything.
Thanks for your replies.