Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam's 95 VS Exec.

C-J-M

JC's very own J. Hetfield
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
G'day lads and ladies. Having recently had my first VS written off by a Navara in December 2009, I figured I might as well have a squiz on CarPoint to try and find myself a nice deal. The following occurred...

Name:
Cam
Model:
95 VS Executive, 200,000kms on the clock (which is under duress, the clock has been wound back by 70,000 in 2008)
Colour:
Metallic Blue (not entirely sure of actual Holden name)
Engine Type:
3.8L V6 Ecotec
Transmission:
4 Spd Auto
Engine Mods:
VT Series II engine
K & N air system, cold air induction, etc.
Exhaust:
2.5" Cat back exhaust double chrome tip
Wheels:
Koya 18"s
Suspension:
Super low King Springs F&R
Interior:
Custom center console
Custom gauges (Battery, Oil Level, Oil Temp)
Custom LED Rooflamp (Blue)
Custom pedals (Brushed steel and blue rubber grips)
Other Mods:
Dark Black Window Tint
Debadged from Ecotec, V6, and Executive badges
Stereo:
Pioneer Mosfet 50W x 4 ECQ Head unit, model DEH-P6900UB
Sony Xplod 500W Amp
Kicker Sub and Amp
Cadence Z Crossovers on either door panel

take22.jpg

take21.jpg

take23.jpg

Just found my login details today. Good form, Cam.

After now having the car for about a year and a half, I've come to realise I don't like blue that much, lol. But because I love my car and how it just GOES, instead of ditching it I've decided I'll redo the whole lot and hopefully raise the price of it a bit, before I chuck a V8 in there after I'm off the P's. Booyah. Heeeere we go.

NEW LIST OF FUTURE MODS:
EXTERIOR
Complete respray, to a glossy jet black. Bayside Auto do the entire thing for $2500.
Chrome trolley strips, chrome body accents.
Chrome window edging. (Seems to be a difficult thing to find)
VE SSV 19" Wheels. Looks tough as nuts on a black VS.
VS SS kit.
Lip spoiler.
Chrome mesh grills (I'll need to do them again when I get the SS kit)
Foggies!
Xenon globes for the headlights.

INTERIOR:
VT Calais seats, replacing certain black leather panels with red.
Totally new centre console, red.
Cupholders, hellyeah.
New headunit, something with a red backglow and direct iPod connectivity.
New pedals, brushed steel with black rubber
Pretty much all the plastic panels are going to be black.
Chrome door handles from a Stato
Black roof lining
New steering wheel, black and red leather
Red suede-like material for the door inserts
The trickiest bit... Going to attempt to cover the top of the dash with the same red suede-like material from the doors. Who knows what'll happen.
White instrument cluster, red LEDs behind
Full red LED conversion

MISC:
Brembo brakes
NEED an engine cover and new rocket covers. Engine cover to be sprayed black with red lettering / detailing, rocket covers will be red. Replace shot blue tubing with new red stuff. Grouse.

Ambitious, I know, and expensive, but let me know what you think.

CONCEPT PICS:
Rear:
249826_1576005138874_1797974261_1003686_5438251_n.jpg

Interior:
250393_1587339102216_1797974261_1018925_1356388_n.jpg

Last edited:

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
sounds like you got it under control mate.

maybe not paint the top of dash as you have to take out steering colomn basically to get it out and pain in the arse, also it gets pretty hot on the dash in direct sunlight and im pretty sure the paint will peel or crack within the first month.

some of those mods seem pretty wack but goodluck haha, hopefully you dont rite this one off half way through :p

C-J-M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Yeah I'm thinking I might look into some high heat paint and put it on from there, you can get it from where you work haha.

And the first time wasn't my fault, I stopped, she didn't.

SHANBANGER

Der Meister
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS S2
the speedo shouldnt need to be corrected due to having 18's on, mine still stayed the same. Im sure theres a link to a speedo calculator around here that calculates the speed differences going from different sized tyres. Maybe it buggered up when they wound the clock back??

C-J-M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
the speedo shouldnt need to be corrected due to having 18's on, mine still stayed the same. Im sure theres a link to a speedo calculator around here that calculates the speed differences going from different sized tyres. Maybe it buggered up when they wound the clock back??

Yeah my speedo's showing about 9 and a half klicks under what I'm actually doing, which is rather shite. I'm going to have to book her in at the local soon, and see what they can do.

Also, it might've, I looked at the log books which were sent in the mail and we noticed that the brakes were changed 3 years ago when it read 202,000... And now it's 199,603.

Hmm.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
yeah high heat paint is good but it mostly only sticks to metal or wood. i talked to a guy at my work about it for ya cam and yeah he said its not really for vinyl but suppose you can try. and i need that speedo thing as well cause i changed wheel size with my rims but again dont know where to go for it, i think im actually speeding by about 3-5 when im going about 80 which isnt good. do you know much about compressing springs and what it involves cause i wanna do it to my rear ones but dont have a clue how or what to use lol. let me know when your taking your interior apart and ill give you a hand and make sure you dont break anything like i did (after youve broken it a nd taken it apart you know how it works lol

C-J-M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Epic progress today!

The part of the dash where the speedo and all is now black and the backlights are blue, and the squishy centre console part is now black as well, after using some awesome Vinyl Dye. The doors are all customised now, with the window winders, lock indicators, door handle accents and lower speaker casing / storage slot all metallic silver. The vents have been painted silver and the casing for all of these are black, and the trim on the doors is now blue after applying spray dye to it. Pics shall be up when I get home tomorrow, and the carpet and rear doors are all done. Looks very nice but I will have to spray over the front doors again due to fingerprints. Rage.

C-J-M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Sup guise.

Here's some progress shots. I was seriously considering shipping off this car and upgrading to a ute, but I've decided that I'm going to keep it and fix it entirely up, eventually turning it into some kind of show car or along those lines.

These are shots from a while back, but they show what I've been doing on her.

Blue LED rooflamp- Looks killer at night, prevents drug use in the car.
DSC00912.jpg

The custom dash before I took it apart and resprayed it- More pics up soon as I finally fix it up to how I want.
DSC00916.jpg

Nice surprise when I took the door trim off- Custom Cadence Z's in the doors which I had no idea about.
DSC00937.jpg

Basically what nearly every VS owner does to their car. Sprayed the main speedo cluster surroundings black, but I managed to spray the vents niiice and chroooome. Air con was a bit whiffy for a few days after.
DSC00947.jpg

Finished rear doors.
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t122/Team_5Zigen/DSC00950.jpg

Finished front doors.
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t122/Team_5Zigen/DSC00945.jpg

Let me all know what you think. :D

C-J-M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Eh feck, double post.

Sorry about the image sizes too, I'll fix them for the next update.

Decided that I was going to change the car's colour scheme today.
Stay tuned for more details.
Really excited.

UPDATE:
Holy crap the engine is from a VT. No idea why the previous owner replaced it, but it's true. Yup.

Last edited:

fatvsss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
what paints did you use to spary the fascia ???