Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Wagon Rod

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
I am now the proud owner of my mate's old parts hauler. It's a 1996 Holden Commodore VS 3.8L Ecotec V6, with some very very nice modifications (and a few more done in the few days I've owned it too! :lol: )

This must be one of the most well traveled cars in the world!! The guy who imported her, drove her back from Australia!! :shock:

Strangely enough, she's got some gender issues, and called Bruce :lol:

She's not on the roads yet, as she has no MOT or tax, and no exhaust either, but all of that is getting sorted and she should be raring to go real soon :)

Here are some pictures of her progression over the years.

How she was originally:

002.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

After a bit of a hit with the old lowering stick - looking better eh?

008.jpg

media1.jpg

BsZaGwgTj2.jpg

After some matt black paint:

SL700896.jpg

SL700893.jpg

SL700894.jpg

As she sits now:

197001_10150152706609081_504404080_6638962_5655883_n.jpg

198002_10150152707399081_504404080_6638968_7100039_n.jpg

First modification - leather front seats out of a Vauxhall Senator:

207613_10150152708194081_504404080_6638977_945975_n.jpg

207837_10150152708739081_504404080_6638982_639195_n.jpg

I've also fitted some JBL 6" 3-way coaxials into the front doors too. Pain to take the door cards off as there's loads of screws all over the place, and I'll have the fun of changing the stereo over too at some point! Eeep!!!! Thank god for the how to's on here that's for sure! LOL

She'll certainly be a very nice, tasty piece of kit :D The plans are to give her either a red metal flake roof or a red lace paint roof (still undecided which), get some subs in the back, get the sounds running nicely, and then maybe I'll find more to play with. Also thinking of some red ghost flames on her too :)

Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Don`t mind them wheels

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Cheers, yea, I love the wheels, especially how they tuck under the rear arch nicely too :D

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
How did that car end up in the UK?

Know any history about it?

Always love to see Holdens from other places around the globe.

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Yea, know pretty much all the history on it actually.

The original owner of it bought it back in early 1996 when it was new in Australia, filled the back up with as many spare parts as possible (including a spare windshield which is in a massive box!!!!) and then got driving. He drove it up through Australia, got a ferry across to Asia, and drove along through Asia, across through Europe and then got another ferry to cross over from France to the UK where it was first registered here about 4 or 5 months later.

The guy was rolling around in it and the gearbox started having some problems, and there was a suspected diff whine coming from it too. The car was then sold to my mates about 2 or 3 years ago with these issues, which were easily sorted. They refurbed the gearbox, and sorted that out. The suspected diff whine was sorted out by a change of rear tyres, that was all!!!

My mates then lowered the car right down, initially by cutting the springs on the rear and fitting Vauxhall Astra springs on the front. They then fitted front springs out of another Vauxhall Astra to the rear suspension to improve the ride. Then along with the new wheels, she then got a full respray on the outside in matt black paint, which is how she's been ever since. The exhaust that was on there, and the new one that is going on there, is all custom fabricated by one of my mates. A lack of parts readily available means that there is a fair amount of custom work, or making things suit which weren't originally intended to suit (ie the Senator seats)

Whilst she was owned by my mates, she's been used as a parts hauler, picked up all sorts of stuff, including a Ford engine! Yes, that's right, the good old Holden had to go and get a new engine to fix a silly old Ford!! Hahaa!!! Other bits that she picked up was a complete interior for a Vauxhall Senator, which is what the leather front seats are from. I will try fitting the rear seats at some point soon too, see how well they fit, and go from there.

There's a lot of history (as well as a lot of kms, about 240k of them) behind this old girl, but she's still going strong.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Good to see Holden really is a world car.
Love the stealth paint job.
I still miss my old VS wagon.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
that black is growing on me , looks sorta stealth

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Hahaa, cheers. Yea, I love matt black cars, my last 3 cars have been matt black. She'll be getting either some silver ghost flames, or red metal flake roof, or maybe both or something else. No idea but she'll be looking hot that's for sure!!

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Well I've done a photo shop on the basic thing of how she's gonna look. There will be some red airbrushing too on the lower half on the sides too but I don't know what yet so won't photoshop it in.

What do you guys think?

holdenredwheelsandstripesandslats.jpg

cherryblackhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 clubsport
And that is why they should never have taken it to the UK..
CAn you please not destroy a dear old wagon.. its made it all that way and
You painted it matte black? Now you want to gay it up with red stripes.
NOt to mention on a previous thread you said you wanted flames??
When people in Australia see pieces of doodoo like that done to cars
They don't clap in approval the piss themselves laughing at how **** it looks.

I'm begging you to go get a decent paint job some 20"s and as you can't get a hsv
Interior, some recaro seats.