Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vr

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
just thought ill post up some pics of my vr.
specs are as follows

stock as a rock as far as body and drive train etc
only modifications is the stereo and dash. DVD player with inbuilt gps and tv tuner. running through strong standard speakers and i have one 12 inch sub in the boot in a ebay special fiberglass box.
the dash is a level 3 unit with roughly the same amount of Kim's as the vehicle has done (15000km less) works a treat and must thank the boys and girls on the vr-vs section for there input and also the how too section, looking forward to be doing some more add ons later (IE. front fog lights etc)

i bought it for the sum of $500 with 6mths reg and 4 newish tiers from the dealership i work at, only draw back is the balance shaft Bering's or timing chain has let go and is making some noise. i have a second hand motor i have picked up with low Km's removed from a vehicle for a Manuel conversion (he got the motor and box together and put them both in) i plain to rebuild the original motor for a spar.

these cars are no longer worth anything so i may as well keep it and give it to the missus once she gets off her ass and gets her linces

pics......

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
nice pick up for the price mate. I would be happy with that.
Good work, i would chase that problem fairly quick though as it may cost you a lot more down the track!!!!

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
you would be suprised what you would get for a vs, their value sits around $2500 to $4000 depending on motor / quality so if you ever intended on selling it, dnt underestimate what you could expect from it

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks guys im hoping with the new motor it should be worth 2k

also in its current state ive done approx 10,000km in 6mths (now due for rego) including a trip to mt gamber and a few trips to melbourne (melbourne is approx 300km one way) with out any fouts and good fuel consumption (550km to 3/4 a tank which was shepparton through melbourne over to mt gamber (well vic side anyways))

94vrcom

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr commodore executive
with that dash cluster can u put that in just a vr exeutive ???

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
with that dash cluster can u put that in just a vr exeutive ???

yep, theres 2 or 3 threads goin around about it.

and a quick update, new motor is now in. runs like a charm ;)