Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance Chips

R

riss

yea I got one a couple of weeks ago piece a piss to install but he sent me the rong chip the first time but then I exchanged it and it worked fine. I noticed a fair difference mainly in midrange, not bad for the price.

hindred

PUP
Reaction score
Members Ride
Green VY S
riss said:
yea I got one a couple of weeks ago piece a piss to install but he sent me the rong chip the first time but then I exchanged it and it worked fine. I noticed a fair difference mainly in midrange, not bad for the price.

How much did you pay for yours?
Are there different types?

R

riss

I paid $215 I think and I went for the premiem fuel option (claimed 10 kw gain ) other than the standard fuel (8 kw gain) that was the only options I got . you just have to send details of your mods and he programs it and sends it to you within a couple of days after payment.

hindred

PUP
Reaction score
Members Ride
Green VY S
riss said:
I paid $215 I think and I went for the premiem fuel option (claimed 10 kw gain ) other than the standard fuel (8 kw gain) that was the only options I got . you just have to send details of your mods and he programs it and sends it to you within a couple of days after payment.

Interesting stuff.
So you think it's worth the $$?

Mods? Like exhaust system?

Thanks for the replies mate.

R

riss

yea id say its probably worth the money. your suposed to get better fuel economy aswell but I wouldn't know because ive been flogin the crap outa mine since i got it a couple of weeks ago

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Chips

Hey

Chips are good, maybe consider it one day www.powerchip.com.au.

U can do a fair bit 2 ya ecotec obviously, extractors and exhaust i think ya got so ur left with some things like cold air intake, roller rockers, ported & polished head,forged flat toped pistons, cam, air flow meter,map upgrade,trans shift kit with a high stall, go nuts on internas, tb upgrade, lsd, brakes,blower www.capa.com.au ,ignition killa plugs and leads, injectors uprades, over boar.

Settle for some of this then once ur happy get the chip made up for that, all depends on the cash u got and whether u think it is worth spending it on a v6.

Go the Buick :eek:

Last edited:
H

holdenman

HAY GUYS QUICK QUESTION HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THE CHIP STUFFING UP THE MAIN CONTROL UNIT ( COMPUTER THAT CONTROLS THE DOOR LOCKS AND SUCH) :shutup:

H

holdenman

Haya

HAY GUYS QUICK QUESTION HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THE CHIP STUFFING UP THE MAIN CONTROL UNIT ( COMPUTER THAT CONTROLS THE DOOR LOCKS AND SUCH) :shutup:

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
holdenman said:
yes most don't use v.a.t (vehicle anti theft)