Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dual Fuel

nabed4t

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Commodore V6
I own a 1998 VT, and with petrol prices the way they are I was considering converting her to dual fuel, I was just curious as to a price range this may cost me? Thanks.
Regards,
Dan

BowTieGQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.8 ;)
I wouldn't go LPG on a Commodore V6. The heads get cracks between the valves because of it. If you must though, get an Impco kit installed. Better quality and logevity.

SLAF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
LPG rules! Costs about $2200 for a quality Impco system from a place like Campbellfield Auto Gas in Victoria. They put in a special engine management chip and I see no drop off in performance, even though it is supposed to happen. I have it on my VT at the moment but had it on my last 3 Commodores too. My VP did 365,000 ks and was still running well when I sold it. Not sure if the heads are the same as the VT, but I had no problems. Very cheap to run about $5.00 per 100 ks around town, cheaper on a run. I had a second hand system fitted to my VR and that cost about $1000, not a bad option with new wiring and piping from motor to tank.

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
SLAF said:
LPG rules! Costs about $2200 for a quality Impco system from a place like Campbellfield Auto Gas in Victoria. They put in a special engine management chip and I see no drop off in performance, even though it is supposed to happen. I have it on my VT at the moment but had it on my last 3 Commodores too. My VP did 365,000 ks and was still running well when I sold it. Not sure if the heads are the same as the VT, but I had no problems. Very cheap to run about $5.00 per 100 ks around town, cheaper on a run. I had a second hand system fitted to my VR and that cost about $1000, not a bad option with new wiring and piping from motor to tank.

Are they situated in Barries rd, as a friend of mind had a conversion done by them about 4 years ago with no problems.

nabed4t

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Commodore V6
Okay. thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

SLAF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
satos said:
Are they situated in Barries rd, as a friend of mind had a conversion done by them about 4 years ago with no problems.
Yep that's the one. I have had 2 converstions there and have referred 4 other there too. They used to install for GMH with the Factory equipment (Impco) straight from the production line so they certainly know about Commodores.