Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying a VTII or VX

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
I'm looking at getting a 2000 VTII or VX. There are 3 cars in particular that I'm going to ceck out this weekend. One is a VTII 'S', another is a VTII Olympic Edition and the third is a VX Executive. They are all V6 auto's with full HSV body kit.
Any tips on which car is likely to be better than the others.
Are there any common problems that I should be looking for when I go to check them out.

Thanks.

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
The newer the better!

Well I have had 3 Holdens in the cars I have owned over the years. I have a 2001 Black VX Calais, 2002 VY Quicksilver VY Calais and Im back to a 2002 VX Vespers Blue Calais.

I liked the VX series better because of the shape and as I love Calais's I liked the Crome alloys which now are replaced with a more of a sporty SS type alloy wheel. Im very happy with my VXII Calais as they improved the computer for the engine and transmission. I would go for a VX..... If u had the extra money go for a Calais if u like luxury. Its a cheap mans BMW let me tell ya. :D

N

nevin4ever

Tricky Choice

Well there all pretty good choices. But i guess with a full HSV bodykit on it, they all would look the same. Im guessing pricing must be around about the same. To be honest, i'd go for the one with the most FEATURES, because there all V6, AUTO, LOOK the SAME. the differences would be the inside. So my choice would be the VTII 'S' because it has alot more then the VX EXEC! it has the same as the OLYMPIC (im sure but ask) plus the VTII 'S' has the ENHAHCED SUSPENSION which comes in handy ALOT :D

D

Desmo900

VXii

Go for VXii as they have modified rear independent suspension that stops (or should I say reduces) inner tyre wear on the rear.