Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

supercharge

D

Dave82

I am thinking of supercharging my vt v6 does anyone have any recomendations on who to go to and what sort of pirces i would be looking at?

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
it all depends on what you want to do with your car. just extra power for cruising, towing, or you want to win dyno comps. try the fit link at the top of the page, also try capa and castlemaine rod shop do a supercharger kit for nix as well. you get what you pay for.

R

RKZ234

Dave82 said:
I am thinking of supercharging my vt v6 does anyone have any recomendations on who to go to and what sort of prices i would be looking at?

To do it properly and spec the engine like a factory S/C motor, you need to do some serious work and spend lots of money on new pistons, rings, heads and much more.

I'd strongly suggest you don't S/C a standard engine. If you want reliability, then you'll need to bolt on a much smaller blower than the factory Holden one, which also means you will not get any significant power gains.

You are much better off trying to source an engine from a rear end write off, or upgrading vehicles.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i agree with the principal of rebuilding the motor for maximum reliability and power handling, but the stock ecotec will still handle some boost, it also differs because the factory blown six is a screw type which provides a lot of lowdown boost, whereas if you went centrifugal, it would be a little bit gentler on the engine internals. if it were not feasible, why would capa sell kits for stock eco's?