Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone added an ipod (or other) to their vx eurovox?

F

fourte3n

I am interested in adding a connection for my zentouch and the wifes ipod to the vx. anyone done this through modding? Im not interested in fm transmitters as they are crap and bulky.

(Also same for the vectra blaupunkt)

Dave398

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute Nickel Silver
Do what I did and get rid of the eurovox c##p and put in a ipod compatible alpine head unit. Just a suggestion. :yeah:

El Barto

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Commodore Equipe
The link above doesn't give the Ipod information. What did you search for?? I could not locate anything other than Ipod chargers etc.

Cheers

Bart :wave:

R

rattattack1313

my son bought a cassette thingie with an earphone wire coming out...so he can patch his I-pod into the cassette player....

troyjm310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Sportwagon SV6 Z Series
i dont know anything about the ipods.. do they have standard usb ?
i bought a fm modulator and have a mp3 player that i can connect via the usb or the 3.5mm male audio connection !!

its a good lil gadget specially when i dont have the time to burn a new downloaded cd or something like that
i just chuck it onto mp3 player then bang got brand spankin new tunes in the car :)

G

Geebus

just use a stereo 3.5mm plug x2 stereo 3 phase wire goes into cd input through headphone input

V

VT-099

Geebus said:
just use a stereo 3.5mm plug x2 stereo 3 phase wire goes into cd input through headphone input

I do this with my old school Sony MiniDisc and it works a treat.

drums1974

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SII wagon
a good option for connecting Ipod to VX commodore

I have been doing my research also, trying to get to connect an ipod to my VX.... sheesh its been hard. I have even had EUROVOX send me a diagram of the rear connections of the stereo (as you can connect a CD changer to it.. and in some cases there are companies that can connect ipods through them). I have looked at the FM transmitters, but i just can't handle the fact that it aint direct connected, and the sound isn't 100%. Also.. changing the head unit to after market stereos.. not a likely option as i don't want to loose my factory head unit with the steering wheel controls... but i found this.. there are heaps of places in the UK & US that can connect your ipod directly THROUGH your stereo.. thinking that this might be a great option, abit pricey.. but i am sure that the more audio provide these... the more competitive it will be.

http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/...&sub_productCategoryID=3&productCategoryID=41

http://www.dension.com/icelink_fm.htm

will keep people updated once i get some more info about getting it connected...

bsbozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 M5
Just get a tape input for it. You plug the heap phone out into the tape and you contorl the music via the Ipod, $30 from tandy.