Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions or suggestions on a VT2 eco 6 Dual exhaust

V

VT-099

Hi all,

I have been looking around for a while now at getting a dual exhaust system for my ecotec V6 and the only option that stands out is a modified V8 Dual system for about $670 fitted.

Just wondering if anybody had some thoughts on whether this is a good idea or not. It's the only way my exhaust place could think of to get a proper dual system as opposed to a dual outlet rear muffler.

Is the increase in power and improved tone worth that much?

Also I have only recently bought the car which has been a fleet car and then owned by a conservative type, which I'm not, is disconecting the battery so the computer resets and learns my driving style going to make much of a difference?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers.

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
super 6 motor has a dual exhaust all the way to the rear axle then goes into 1 because of the offset fueltank

V

VT-099

Damn fuel tank! :mad: I originally wanted dual exhaust, one on either side, then had a look at the freaking fuel tank *sigh*

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
note the new monaros have a dual exiting exhaust....this because they are made to US spec where they require the fuel tank be mounted infront of the diff....allowing that space in the rear to be used for exhaust.....if you want to be different, corsa used a centre exiting "shotgun" exhaust which looked very individual