Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering a VX

INSAYN

INSAYN
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR Calais V8
Hi there , i have a 02 vx 3.8 and want to lower it , couple of questions , do i have independant rear suspension ? sorry for the dumb question and the other question is do i need to put a camber kit in the rear ?

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
yes you do have independent rear suspension, it came standard from the vt onwards and i believe that if you are going to lower it no matter how much, it would make good sense to get a camber kit fitted.....

INSAYN

INSAYN
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR Calais V8
just going low not super low , thanks for your help :wave:

S

Spyder

EcotecManiac said:
i believe that if you are going to lower it no matter how much, it would make good sense to get a camber kit fitted.....

Your Wrong!
You do not need a camber kit VX s2 had the camber problem that was present in previus models Fixed

You will be just wasting your money if you buy one

aza64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 01'
bro IRS (independent rear suspension) was fitted even in the VR SS because my m8 has got one. Dump your VX abit more from the back than the front. It will look much better especially when the rear tyres are a few inches in the guards.

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
fit the kit, other wise you will be goin threw rear tyres quicker than a woman can changer her mind, plus bare in mind when people sit in the back it will lower further kicking the camber out again

matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Acclaim
i recommend the camber/toe kit. its good to know your covered and arent going to be forking out every 3 months for new tyres.
also go for heavy duty at the rears, doesnt feel a lot harder but is good for towing or xtra passengers.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Glad I have the series 2!!! by the sound of things I would be up for new tyres about now.