Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx Air intake

Wokka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
I ve got a VX commodore which I am about to put an exhaust and extractors on and I want to increase the size of my air intake. I have been looking around trying to find a good over the top of the radiator cold air intake but all I have come up with is the ss inductions one and the aunger both of which are very expensive. Does anyone know of another one thats cheaper or if holden have a larger intake...i.e for the V8. I know that on the VS they had a larger one on the V8 but then after that changed to the behind the headlight arrangement...
Hope u guys can help me out..

Cheers
Wokka

V

VXII Silver

I've been looking around for a cai for my vx recently and have found out that the supercharged cai is basically the same as the ecotec and the v8 cai probably wouldn't make a big difference. Thats what i was told by holden. SS big mouth induction is probably your best bet but personally i think it's too much money to spend just on a cai. Get your exhaust and extractors done then a k&n panel filter.

L

LYRIC

If it's pwr you want why not just go for a K&N pod i did and it breaths allot
better tham any CAI from holden. :yeah:

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
LYRIC : what does your pod setup look like? pics? :p

aza64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 01'
Dont get a pod m8. Itll look better but it can decrease your power output in some cases that gain. So be careful.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I put a K&N flat panel in a few weeks back. Set my wallet back $125 but I have had more ommph when it gets second (auto trans) and better fuel economy (when my foot isn't firmly planted to the floor!)

hungryman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7l
Ive got a bit of experience with most of these set ups on a couple different cars.

Otrcai- Had one from holden on my vn v6. Definetly made a difference. Was very cheap too. Dont know if you can get one for a vx though. As for the SS Induction ones, ive heard nothing but bad things about them when fitted to ls1 motors. Not sure about how thier v6 one's perform though.

Pod filters- Had one on my vn also. Didnt make much of a difference power wise, though it was just a cheapo one. Ive heard the K&N one's can be very good, so long as you build a shield to protect it from engine bay heat. Best thing about these is the awesome sound they make. Really adds a nice crackle to the note of my mate's VT SS.

Panel Filters- Heard mixed things about these as well. All i can say is i felt a NOTICABLE difference when i replaced my standard filter with a K&N panel filter in my vx 5.7l.

Hope this helps.

vxchev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 CALAIS V8
Wokka said:
I ve got a VX commodore which I am about to put an exhaust and extractors on and I want to increase the size of my air intake. I have been looking around trying to find a good over the top of the radiator cold air intake but all I have come up with is the ss inductions one and the aunger both of which are very expensive. Does anyone know of another one thats cheaper or if holden have a larger intake...i.e for the V8. I know that on the VS they had a larger one on the V8 but then after that changed to the behind the headlight arrangement...
Hope u guys can help me out..

Cheers
Wokka

If your looking for a CAI for an LS1 equipped Berlina wagon then a Pwer Torque OTRCAI (filtered) has the runs on the boards but they are not cheap and they retail for around $550 if you really want one you can have mine for $450 but you will need a mafless tune.

Les

I

Invasion SS

Big Wokka,

Dynomotive.com.au have an over the top cold air intake which costs $550.00 & a k&n air filter is included. The air goes straight into the throttle from the intake. Will need a mafless tune though. I'm still looking into getting one for my ss ute. So your engine bay will have no radiator shroud, air box, airflow meter, & tube to the throttle. Puts on 8 rwkw's
They don't have a photo of it on their site though, but check your latest commodore mags.