Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Super6 And Normal 6 Cai

Z

zoidberg

Hey guys,

In the current issue of Street Commodore Mag there is a bloke who has written in about the CAI components. He own's a VS and bought the Supercharged 6 parts and fitted them to his naturaly aspirated 6 and it cost him about a 100 bucks. Street Commodore congratulated him on his dicovery and said that alot of after market products are copies of the holden Super6 CAI gear.

My question is does the VT supercharged six have better intake components than the normal ecotec or is it the same?

Rob

R

Robbie

Hi Rob,

Unfortunately I went to Holden chasing this answer for my VT. the Supercharged 6 is no differentto the standard, nor is the V8 intake. For some reason they are all the same. Also the VS Supercharged CAI will not fith the VT because the air box is different.

I hope this helps,
Robbie

Z

zoidberg

yeah my mate had a VS so i knew the intakes between VS and VT was different. but yeah i thought the VT's used the same intake for both super6 and the normal

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
from holden's point of view, why would they make a different intake for NA and s/charged engines? they commonise parts where possible.

obviously the SC CAI needs to flow more air, but then i'm sure they would just use that for the NA engine as well.

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
Hi

Is the standard CAI really that bad to just leave as it is....but maybe put in a good flowing filter? K&N or similar. This might start up the debate with pod filters again but I cant see the need to scrap the standard CAI if it works half reasonable?

For now I will leave my standard CAI alone.

Cheers
Rob S. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/537446

S

suprchrgdv6

i recently discarded with my stock cai system and put a generic pod filter on, for now it is sitting ontop of whats left of the airbox, was this a good idea? i am taking the last of the box out when2 i get around to it, what do you guys think i should do?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
If you have a pod rip the whole airbox out it doesn't do anythin bar restrict the air flow.
Cheers

B

bigdenis

AirStrike said:
If you have a pod rip the whole airbox out it doesn't do anythin bar restrict the air flow.
Cheers

But that then makes it defectable.....

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Mate if you find away to fit a Pod in the stock air box you let me know and ill do it:p . Till then rip the sucka out.
Cheers