Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I got bored so painted the engine cover :)

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
i broke a door handle, so had to get a new one plus color coded paint, i had a heap left over so thought i would paint the cover :)

IMG_4438.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

IMG_4440.jpg

head-on.jpg

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
ive had it on for a week now, seems fine so far touch wood, the plastic surprisingly isn't all that hot

vtanthony

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic edition 99 model
i see u have what looks like a amp wire setup can u elaborate on the how set up of it or is it in the audio section of this forum ?

BTW the engine cover looks good .just wondering how long it will last if u havent used the heat resistant paint

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
i see u have what looks like a amp wire setup can u elaborate on the how set up of it or is it in the audio section of this forum ?

BTW the engine cover looks good .just wondering how long it will last if u havent used the heat resistant paint

ive gone mainly alpine just because i like to keep things the same, im picky like that for some reason anyways for subs i have 2x type R 12s ( wanna get X's but not fussed atm) powered by 2x PDX-1.1000 so 1 per sub then type x splits in front and type r's in rear doors, havnt done anything with parcelshelf, not even sure if i will, they are powered by a PDX-4.150 er some other stuff, cant remember, ive had the stereo for awhile now, can dig out the old boxes later if it matters

0 gauge wiring to boot (btw pic is old now, only 1 strand of 0 gauge now and its going on drivers side of car now that i discovered another rubber gromet :) and a 8 farad cap, thats about it, overkill sure, do i care, no lol

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
and about temps, my dad has one of them IR Thermometers so after work tomorrow when engine is all heated up, i'll check temps of cover just for interests sake

Melissa

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT HBD
Good job - looks great!

I painted mine a year ago with exterior paint, and it still looks as good as it did back then.

NAY73N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II S Pak
Exterior paint can hold up with heat, unless its not introduced to its arch enemy the Nake Flame/Fire.

as an ex spray painter i have painted a full engine black using nothing less then exterior paint that was left over of the car and cleared it off with a semi gloss finish, that was 3 years ago till this day it looks just as good as it did when i done it. if you have taken all the correct steps to prep it you should not have an issue.