Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX caliper covers

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
so i bought these Brake calipers off ebay. BREMBO covers with a false bleed nipple to make it look like the actual caliper, but they have to be put on with a heat resistant adhesive, Has any one tried this? and knows what works and what doesnt? i bought RTV High temp silicone but want to know if this will do if i clean the caliper thoroughly and so forth..... any suggestions will help. Thanks.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Keep the smartarse crap comments out of here.

I deleted the posts.

End of story.

SAMO-87

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VX Berlina 5.7L
In my honest opinion, kizza50, I would not fit the caliper covers.

If you are going to the trouble of cleaning and preparing the caliper to put the covers on, why not paint them?

Personally, I would much rather the look of a painted stock caliper, instead of a plastic cover that says Brembo.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I don't know of any commercial advesive that can hold up to the temperatures calipers can get upto.

Maybe gasket adhesive?

Also, are these covers plastic or metal? If they are plastic, I would be owrried about them melting under hard braking and fouling the calipers causing machanical issues.
Or if they foul the disk then braking performance could be reduced.

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
they coasted $3 off ebay lol thought ye y not. And had some high temp gasket sealer and maker lying around the house. and apparently these ones u can either clamp on like a vice mechanism so it sandwichs the caliper. or u can put temp resistand adhesivee on them. Ill put them on and let me know wat u think...also they are made of a heat resistant ABS plastic..... so they wont melt, and they guarentee that.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
they coasted $3 off ebay lol thought ye y not. And had some high temp gasket sealer and maker lying around the house. and apparently these ones u can either clamp on like a vice mechanism so it sandwichs the caliper. or u can put temp resistand adhesivee on them. Ill put them on and let me know wat u think...also they are made of a heat resistant ABS plastic..... so they wont melt, and they guarentee that.

1. 'Melting point' of ABS plastic is 250F or 105C, at which point it gets soft and bendable. Brake calipers can get upto 250C if you drive spirited along twisty roads.
2. You really think something that cost $3 on ebay has a guarantee? REALLY? I've just had a quick look around ebay and the same places that sell plastic calipers covers with a guarantee not to melt also seem to sell things such as the Turbonator Tornado Fuel saver, a fan you put in your intake to save fuel and increase HP.

It's your car mate, but brakes are a pretty important component on a car, I wouldn't want some cheap plastic crap anywhere near my calipers.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
if you want brembo buy the real thing and tell us all why they are so good ..... in one word plastic = wank

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
much appreciated :)

airforceone

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais superc6
i seen these on ebay , there total shite and i told the seller