Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Retro fit steering wheel audio controls?

chops

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
I've got a VT series I Berlina without the steering wheel audio controls. Does anyone know if you can retro fit them? Is the necessary wiring already there?

Logzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport
Theres more to it than just the buttons as it is one input wire into the stereo that controls all button functions through the clock spring coil it applies different data voltages through the one wire.
If i can find your email address in your profile then ill email the wiring schematic to you.

chops

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
So, is it likely that the VT I has the necessary connections to add the buttons?

B

Binary

Logzy said:
Theres more to it than just the buttons as it is one input wire into the stereo that controls all button functions through the clock spring coil it applies different data voltages through the one wire.
If i can find your email address in your profile then ill email the wiring schematic to you.

I am interested in doing that same as chops. I have been able to get hold of a suitable clock spring (I think its the correct one - one yellow plug and two red plugs). Could you please email me the wiring schematic too?

Logzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport
No problem Binary consider it on its way.

mUdDiE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S Pack
Logzy,

I'll jump on the bandwagon as well and grab those details. I'm pretty sure I need to grab a clock spring (I have a '99 VT S Pack). Someone told me that I might also need to update my stereo as mine won't accept the controls...is this correct?

Thanks

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
If you send me the file mate I will host it on JC for ya.
AirStrike :air:

thisispete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series 2
I have a VX CD headunit that I am not using...

I have a stock VX Series 2 Head Unit that came in my car that I want to sell if someone needs it to get their controls working :) :) .

I have no idea what its worth. Someone make me an offer.

Haze SS

Reaction score
Website
www.westcoastcommodores.com
Members Ride
VX SS
thisispete said:
I have a stock VX Series 2 Head Unit that came in my car that I want to sell if someone needs it to get their controls working :) :) .

I have no idea what its worth. Someone make me an offer.

They are selling on ebay for anywhere between $150 and $200.