Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would a VT SS exhaust system fit my VT Acclaim?

H

Hurricane

Would this exhaust system off a VT SS fit my VT Acclaim which is a v6?

Attachments

• 12414580.jpg
    12414580.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 476

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
well from what i have seen in exhaust shops and what i know of the Vp's the V8 and V6 exhausts are the same but in the case of the Vp some had IRS so with all Vt's have IRS everythign is the same

H

Hurricane

if that is the case and the exhaust would fit what would the sound be like from my V6 Acclaim with an SS exhaust?
would it be much different from my stock standard exhaust?

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
i don't know but i believe a good note comes from a good combination of extractors and exhaust for example:

my P has genie extractors, high flow cat, 2.5 lukey redback exhaust, straight threw muffler and no resinator and the sound is sweet but unique

my father also with a P has Pacemaker extractors same exhaust and muffler but with a resinator but sounds so restricted and so off note

but i want to try his with out a resinator to see if i can get a descent sound out of it before i fork out for pacemaker extractors

digitok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec
Extractors don't do that much to the note, not noticeably (sp) it's all the pipe and resinator(s)

Cheers

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
same. I had a cat back 2.5" exhaust then put pacemakers on and made a difference, then i put a 2.5" lukey with out resinator on back and sounds a treat

Decksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S, VZ Adentura, JH II Cruze, VL Wag ned2sell
Hey Guys

I was an exhaust fitter for over a year and believe it or not you can get exactly the same car I mean identically and put the exact same system on it and they will both sound completely different I didn’t believe it till I did it on a two cars at once.

So will a v8 system fit a six if you will have to get custom engine pipes made and cats but all the mounts are there and sits in the same place just make sure there is nothing in place that the ss has moved some where else

As for how it would sound well that’s like predicting what your girlfriends going to say next :bang: couln't even say it would be loulder!! :unsure:

ozscott75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim SII
Hurricane said:
Would this exhaust system off a VT SS fit my VT Acclaim which is a v6?

SO did the ss one fit? If so, did you have to make any mods or does it just bolt on to the 6's extractors

H

Hurricane

Still trying to get a definite answer. Some people i have talked to say yes it can just fit straight on, others say that some modification needs to be done to get it to sit correctly.
To be honest I don't think anyone has actually done it before? sounds strange but most people seem to have completely upgraded their exhaust systems to after market ones rather than use parts form a higher spec model i.e. ss exhaust on an accliam.

i got under my car yesterday and had a look around and it looks like it should sit in there fine. the vt platform is basically the same for all models isn't it? my accliam chassis, underside etc is the same as an exec, calais, ss, clubsport etc isn't it?
the only difference between models is the engine, bodykit, extras etc right?

what i am thinking now is about how it would sound! I don't want a loud car but a slight increase over the stock standard factory exhaust would be good (plus the stainless oval exhaust tip would look nice coming out the back of the car)

any thoughts from people about what is being discussed would be good.