Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lsd

SS2868

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Hi, just after some advice on my VX SS which is really keen to single spin even though it has an LSD. Spinning both wheels in a straight line is no problem, however when I turn a corner it just wants to spin one wheel. If I hold my foot on the brake both wheels will spin for a short time, but as the back starts to come around I'll hear a loud clunk and then an annoying whirring sound as only one wheel starts to spin. Is there something wrong with this diff? I have a VK Brock, which spins both wheels every time so not sure what the difference is.
Thanks

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
Mate the Holden LSD will single spin , and it will be the Best was to Break it as well, as soon as it single spins back right off , or it will be new diff time.
take it to a good diff place and get an Oil change :thumbsup:

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
nah she will either need new posi cones or needs to be shimmed tighter.

9bolt.com sells new posi cones and you can use whatever shims that fit to tighten it but its prolly a job to leave to a diff place unless your confident in rebuilding diffs

seabs

Reaction score
Website
seabrook.homemail.com.au
Members Ride
Gen F R8 SV
iv got a similar problem (without the clunk :unsure: ), but in a VN with a factory LSD.

Around corners it spins only the right hand side wheel, and then on a straight it spins both?

do you need a new diff centre or what?

cheers

V

VTsuper6

A mate of mine has a VY II SS and his does the same on LH turns. It is still under warranty and the dealer says it is normal. The LSD diffs are shimmed loosely at the factory to avoid binding and keep them quite during the "wear in period". There is a test procedure that measures the amount of torque the diff clutch handles and his SS was within Holdens range. So get it shimmed tighter to fix it.