Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Putting Rear Parcel Shelf Speakers In Berlina

M

mickey

Has anyone put speakers in the parcel shelf of a VX berlina, the door ones just don't sound good enough. If so what did you put in, and how?

Cheers,

Mick

R

Robbie

Mick,

if it's like a VT you need to get a pair of plastic grills from holden, then I think there is a piece you cut out, pop the speakers in and then put the grills on top. This is roughly the way it was wxplained to me by my stereo installer. I think the grills cover the piece you see on your shelf behind each headrest.

Cheers,

Robbie

V

VTBerlina

go to holden & buy the calais speaker grills. You can see where the shelf needs to be cut - place them over to make sure tho... (I just drilled lots of little holes in my shelf instead of buying the grills - coz i'm cheap)

When the shelf is out, you can see the pre-cut holes for 6x9s. all it takes is a few good hits on tese to brake the tacs, drill mounting holes & screw them in.

W

WeeMan

2 x Calais GMH New Speaker covers cost me $53.10 at the local wreckers.

R

Robbie

Lol,

That sounds familiar. How hard is it to get the shelf out?

Cheers,

Robbie

W

WeeMan

um im having alot of trouble getting the bastard out. Anyone seen a guide somewhere? or done it before them selves and knows some tricks?