Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monaro Taillights

W

WeeMan

Anyone sucesfully fitted a set of the monaro taillights to their vt sedan?? if is....

Was it difficult??

What did it cost you???

R

Robbie

Hi Weeman.

I fitted VX tail lights but it is the same job. I have a URL with step by steop instructions I will try to dig up. The only difficult part is running the reverse light to the tail lights. For some reason the wiring loom (The bit that connects to the bulbs ) on the drivers side tail light fitted with no modification but the left did not. So I had to run a wire from the drivers side to the passengers side through the boot lining.

Cost can vary. E-Bay have lights from approx $160 a pair to $300 a pair. My local wrecker would do lights, looms, globes and the boot Garnsish for $350. You would then need to get the Garnish painted, approximately $100 - $150. Please don't put the Monaro tail lights in and then leave the VT boot garnish in!!!! I have seen this done and it looks terrible.

Where do you live? If ou are local I can come and give you a hand.

Cheers,

Robbie

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
Hi

I am just in the process of doing the same thing to my VT. Altezza style clear lights were $185 off eBay. VX Boot garnish (New) ranged in price from $123 at local crash repairer up to $135 from GMH dealer. Price to paint isnt firm yet but crash repairer said about $100 depending on colour. The VX boot garnish is near on impossible to find second hand from wreckers coz everyone is doing the same thing we are!!

Just wondering.....the VT has a boot key lock in the rear garnish but I think the VX doesnt? So does that mean obviously that you cant unlock with the key from the boot itself and must use the remote on the key or the glovebox button?

My VT...... http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/537446

Cheers
Rob S.

W

WeeMan

what about remving the boot garnish, difficult?? costly? must repaint??

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
Well I havnt done it yet. Next few days I will know more......but I think its just a few screws basically and its off. When u put on the new VX garnish it will need to be colour matched (painted) to your car or the colour you want it. As Robbie said about $100-150 for the repaint. I was quoted approx $100 so that seems about the going rate. I dont think it will be hard to do...others will comment I am sure....

W

WeeMan

also, anyone know how hard it is to come by the genunie speaker covers that sit behind the rear passengers headrests?

V

VTBerlina

Garnish - easey to do... geta gregorys A&A have a look
grills - as easy as going to local holden dealer parts & buying calais ones

R

Robbie

QUOTE (mx220 @ Mar 3 2004, 03:00 PM) Just wondering.....the VT has a boot key lock in the rear garnish but I think the VX doesnt? So does that mean obviously that you cant unlock with the key from the boot itself and must use the remote on the key or the glovebox button?

That's right. You just have to use your remote. I don't think I ever used the key before the new garnish anyway.

It is all pretty easy to do. i did it in about an afternoon. But I had to replace a few globes as they blew??!?!?!

Just take note of which globe goes where. Get new wiring looms (For 3 globes) as your Vt will only support 2 globes.

Remember the globe with the double fillement is your brake/parkers globe. I think you'll find most of them will only fit in one spot anyway.

I'm still looking for that website

235rwkw

Reaction score
you should also get the vx manual boot release cable. since you can't open the boot if the remote fails one day

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
But won't the glove box button get me out of trouble?