Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Heads up regarding a brake special I just stumbled on.... $75 supplied and fitted!

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Brakes Plus | Special Offers

I have a VE so no use to me, but $75 supplied and fitted is pretty damn good. Just thought I'd share as I dont think it will last long and maybe a forum member can take advantage of it while it lasts.

VT to VZ commodores.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
I got this deal with Brakes Plus when I had a VX. The pads included in this deal quickly became squeaky. I had them replaced (under warranty) with the next best product (no extra charge) after 4weeks - but the replacement product developed squeaking also (though not as bad).

Within 4weeks of getting the replacement - replacement pads, my car developed brake shudder. I do not know for sure, but suspect this was due to overzealous application of the rattle gun.

2 months later I replaced pads/rotors myself - and was very happy with the final result.

It's a good deal - pricewise, and their after sales service is pretty good - they live by the 'customer is always right' philosophy, but I think the product is more about price than quality, unfortanately I feel perhaps it is the same with the workforce?

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
hahaha the less you pay.. the more dodgy they are. i find anything under $100 for front and rears will become squeky almost straight away

might as well get some quality brakes so you know they wont #### up right ;)

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
UFO,Thanks for the heads up, mate. There's a world of appreciation out there. Sometimes a bit hard to find. What's that? Glass half empty?

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
yea it SOUNDS like a good idea, i spose it would be good for someone that doesnt know how to change them themselves but id rather spend that 75 towards a set of bedix pads and fit them my self its a very easy thing to do

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
i've taken their specials before on a different car

it's all about getting you in there firstly they say you need upgrade pads then it's you need to get your calipers rebuilt after every pad change .... it's all a money making get you in there special

sexpanther

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6.0 l76
You would have that much brake dust from the cheap pads

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I realise what you saying, but supplied and fitted with life time warranty for such a cheap price... I reckon you cant go wrong. By law the pads they sell have to be to Australian Standards, and ok... they might squeak, but that's what the warranty is for. If I still had my own commo, I would have jumped on this for sure. Yeah they'll probably upsell, but you are big boys/girls... just stick to what you want.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
The price isn't anything special. Any of us can walk into a supercheap and get their crappiest pad for $30$-35, or we even sell the most common RDA pads for about that price. Most workshop rates are about $90 an hour, so half an hour on a hoist to change pads, labour=$45+$30 for the pads is $75 all up... And if they end up doing front and rears whilst you're already there, the car's already on the hoist, so it's 15mins to change the other other set, and they're already ahead. They won't be paying any more than $25 a set, so to do front and rear they've just made a $100, and it's taken them 45 minutes, which would normally be a labor charge of roughly $75. It's good, but you get what you pay for.

...but then yep, the up sell.

1TUFVS

High Ambitions, Low Funds
Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VS Acclaim
yea it SOUNDS like a good idea, i spose it would be good for someone that doesnt know how to change them themselves but id rather spend that 75 towards a set of bedix pads and fit them my self its a very easy thing to do

True but at the moment I'd take anything (Braking from 80 causes some fairly bad..shaking).