Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold air intake VT supercharged

ch1mp

Reaction score
If you have a valid reason for requiring my locati
Members Ride
VT S-Pack 3.8L Supercharged
So this is what i've done and i'm ecstatic about it and it's made a huge difference. hopefully the attachments worked lol. sorry about the dirty engine lol

More power, more air, better exhaust tone, amazingly sexy intake noise (loud noise of air being sucked in), better throttle response, faster acceleration, low revs and high...simply amazing. best thing i ever did.

So, i have a question for the Victorian users. I want to get rid of the black piping that came with the intake. I want to go full aluminium and i want to move the MAF sensor as far forward as possible (preferably before the piping) to have one single solid pipe. Only problem is, i don't know where to get the pipe made. I know you can get piping custom made. Anyone know where to get it done in SE Victoria?
Cheers

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 6,706
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 4,748

ch1mp

Reaction score
If you have a valid reason for requiring my locati
Members Ride
VT S-Pack 3.8L Supercharged
i got it from ebay. $375 just for the intake, not including the side covers. not sure about the N/A VT's but for the supercharged models it's a bitch to fit. the join to the MAF sensor wasn't designed properly and i had to cut it to make it fit which took nearly an hour. And my piping doesn't quite fit properly, i had to force it, but it doesn't help that i have that small bit of aluminium piping there. If i had that standard bendy black thing it would have gone on a lot easier. I can find the link for you if you like?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
send me a message and illl give you the info
So this is what i've done and i'm ecstatic about it and it's made a huge difference. hopefully the attachments worked lol. sorry about the dirty engine lol

More power, more air, better exhaust tone, amazingly sexy intake noise (loud noise of air being sucked in), better throttle response, faster acceleration, low revs and high...simply amazing. best thing i ever did.

So, i have a question for the Victorian users. I want to get rid of the black piping that came with the intake. I want to go full aluminium and i want to move the MAF sensor as far forward as possible (preferably before the piping) to have one single solid pipe. Only problem is, i don't know where to get the pipe made. I know you can get piping custom made. Anyone know where to get it done in SE Victoria?
Cheers

tylerp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt
I know it's been a while since you posted this but if you could forward any info about the setup and possibly where to still get it that would be good cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk