Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT rough idle, slight miss IDEAS!!??

aveugotone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.8 exec S2
Hey there people, now anyone out there who can give me any ideas to this issue would be awsum i am running out of ideas.......
anyway, i have a 2000 vt v6 and it idles rough, like runs fine then stumbles (like a slight miss type of stumble) for a period of 30 secinds to a minute when it has no load, but if the A/C or lights are on or its in gear....it runs perfect, when load is applied it dosn't miss or stumble or anything when it is driven.... now the plenum is spotless, there are no vac leaks in it, has new coil packs, plugs, injectors, fuel and air filter, had a major service done 2000km ago, MAF sens. is clean runs 95 octane 98 when i can get it.
removed the EGR and plugged both ends yestrerday to see if the EGR valve was leaking and dragging in ex. gas while idling but negatory it seals and operates fine???? any ideas people your help is greatly appreciated!!!!

oh yeah and all the intake is clean including IAC valve and butterfly??? does anyone know at what time after starting and/or conditions that the evap system opens the solinoid for the purge canister and roughly how long it takes after starting to enter closed loop...

Last edited:

stirringaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
The only thing I see not on your list is spark plug leads, they do play up on the VT ?? Might be worth a try.

thesupervisor

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt wagon 97
mabe the start of a head problem
have you done a compression test?

aveugotone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.8 exec S2
yeah all good 5% of one another..... not good, done the heads and valves at 299000, f*cks me anyone with ideas would be great!!!

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
do a self diagnostic and see if u get an EGR fault.

aveugotone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.8 exec S2
already done, checked all EGR the other day all is good.... there is no fault codes in there at all.... f*cks me

aveugotone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.8 exec S2
well

hey guys, well after rooting around checked the wngine harness for broken wires and high resistance the other day srill no good, but getting a scan tool short;y so see how it all looks, idling the other day in gear for about 2-3 minutes then the engine light came, ran like a kitten but the mil was on then drove 10 metres and it went off, WTF has anyone had this problem happen to them and if so what fuxed it, cleaned MAF again still no improvement, but using a little more fuel than normal i think could just be that its really hot and i am compensating with more pedal and ac, f*cks me, any help peeps would be choice

gjaym

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
Check the cam sensor,mine was missing and would shut down sometimes ,replaced cas but still did it , but ran fine when sensor disconected replaced sensor all good