Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior Lights

R

Robbie

Hi guys,

I am looking to change the interior lights on my dash from green to blue. Is it just a nice coloured bulb sitting behind everything or are the numbers and displays on the dash/stereo/climate control all covered in a green film?

Any suggestions on how to do this or if I am wasting my time would be great...

Cheers,

P

Phil

G'day Robbie,

On my series 2 VTSS the light behind the instrument panel is clear(Not a coloured bulb), the green colour is in the instrument panel and the needles for taco, speed, petrol and temp are already coloured orange.

Hope this helps...

Phil

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
as phil stated all the gauges and speedo are coloured green so a blue globe wont do much i imagine

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
I have pulled a lot of dash's off commodores and i believe they are all like that from VN onwards, thow i think the VL was too.
Earlier than that I don't know.

The clear looking numbers is actually green that illumintes green when a simple globe is powered.

VT Calais

Reaction score
You can do it, but it requires a bit of soldering to change the globes to high brightnes blue LEDs. I have done it myself and it works fine. Just make sure you get the HIGH BRIGHTNESS LEDs. This is not reversable! Once you have soldered the tabs where the globes fit, you can no longer put the globes back in.

S

S?SS?HSV?

Sick of Orange.

Hi, LED's might be the way to go with VT clusters but I just updated to VX SS with the white needles & backlighting for an all round nicer look, to get a huge shock when the needles light up ORANGE of all colours when ever I turn the headlights on. Does any one know if this would be orange caped globes or something more perminant be4 I pull my dash apart Again to try and find out... ???