Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Suspension Kits/Shockies for VX1

DamoESP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Evening all,

Just got my 00 VX back from the garage from a service, and in the work report, it stated that the I would need a Rear Suspension Kit, and also need the Rear Shocks replaced.

Now I dont have a huge knowledge of cars and stuff, so yeah. I asked him for an approximate price, and he said with labour it would be around $500-$700.

Now I am moving from where I live (North west aus) to perth in a few weeks, and will definatly get it done down there. Now the question I ask is, should I take advantage of need a new suspension kit by getting it lowered...etc?

Also, has anyone had to do this before, what kind of price in perth would I be looking at to just get it all fixed up.

(It probally doesnt make a lot of sense....sorry :()

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
As an example, for an FE2 setup your looking at around $1100 supply&fit.
4x springs
4x shocks
1x camber kit
(if you dont need the camber kit then minus $350)

I'd say this is an ample time to lower your car :D Remember the above is for an FE2 setup ... the only thing that changes if you wanna go lower is the springs. Add a few extra bucks per spring if you wanna go lower.

DamoESP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Thanks for the reply. Now the work report says "Needs Rear Suspension Kit". I asked the mechanic there what that included/meant, and he said springs, something else, and sway bar :|

I wish I knew more about suspension systems...haha

digitok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec
hmm, dunno why you need new sway bars?

Anyway for around a grand you can get all new springs, shocks and a camber kit, you WILL need a camber kit if you want to go fairly low, and the camber is pretty bad anyway so it's a good idea to get one.

I got ultra lows, short travel shocks and a camber kit in my vt supplied and fitted from Wilkinsons and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Cheers

DamoESP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
I will have to look into them when I move down (moving down around 4th/5th of oct, only 2 more weeks :D) and see whats around :)

DamoESP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Also from what I have read around the boards, the inner tyre wear is a known problem on VX's. I have had my VX for about 4 months, and haven't noticed it happening with my car. Now by getting the FE2 suspension....it wont trigger this problem...so to speak....haha (yes I am paranoid)